Part 144~ Heartaches

Hi!
I don't have much to say, but I hope you enjoy!
-Ev
____________________________________

Sakusa pulled up to the emergency room, getting out of the car and opening the back door.

Tobio got out from the other side, and quickly reached back in, carefully picking Shoyo up again, then carrying him inside the hospital.

"Can we get some help over here!" Sakusa yelled, catching the attention of a couple nurses who looked up, seeing the state Shoyo was in.

One hurried and grabbed a gurney, while another helped settle him down onto it.

"I'm nurse Maeda, do you know what happened?" She asked, looking up.

Tobio stared down at Shoyo and shook his head, "I got home from work and found him like this-  god damn it, I should've just stayed home" he said, putting a hand over his mouth.

"And what's your relation to him?" She asked.

"I'm his husband" Tobio stared down at him, and then just turned, feeling guilt just fuel his body.

Sakusa placed a hand on his shoulder, "don't blame yourself" he said.

Maeda unlocked the wheels of the gurney and motioned for them to follow.

"I'll stay here, do you need to to call anyone?" Sakusa said, Tobio nodded and turned tossing his phone. "Call my mom" he said, turning back around and sticking close to Shoyo.
_______

"I'm nurse Arai, is there anything we should know? Any past or current medical issues, or diseases?" Arai said stepping aside from Shoyo, and grabbing a clipboard and pen.

"He's pregnant- he's been so sick. He can barely eat, or even drink anything, if he does, he just throws it up. This morning-" He choked up and looked over at Shoyo again.

"Sir, I know this is hard. But the more we know, the better we can help him" Arai put a hand on his shoulder and gave a gentle smile. Tobio took a deep breath and nodded.

"Is this his first pregnancy?" She asked, and looked up as he shook his head.

"No, this is his fourth" he said and looked down.

Arai smiled and nodded, "alright, and any past history of miscarriages, or pregnancy complications?"

"He had a complication with our first son, that was his second pregnancy. He had some bleeding, but it ended up being okay. Then the third pregnancy was twins, but we lost one and our son was born almost eight weeks early"

Arai wrote everything down, then looked up at him. "Okay, we're gonna finish up examining him. You can stay with him and the doctor will be in shortly" she said and smiled, joining Maeda and the other nurse.
___________

  Aiko drove to the hospital like a mad man, parking in the closest spot near the entrance and then going in. Miwa followed behind her.

"I'm here for Shoyo Kageyama" She said, going up to the front desk.

The nurse looked up and put her finger up, "okay, hold please" she spoke into the phone and pressed a button before setting it down.

"What's your relation to the patent?" She asked, going into the computer and pulling up his charts.

"I'm his mother in law" she said.

The nurse nodded and glanced at Miwa, "and you?" She asked.

"Sister in law" Miwa said and held onto Aiko's arm.

"Okay, you guys can go take a seat in the waiting room, right now only his husband can be in the room with him" The nurse said and gave a soft smile, pointing to the side where the seating area was.