(1) Stay Omega Stay

Chapter 1.

                "What now?"

                After the accident, all hell broke loose. Reality set in and we had to do something, anything, but it was no use. Our bodies hurt, and the sound of the crying woman in front of us was unbearable. I couldn't think, I couldn't process that it was my brother in the car that was hit; the car that we hit.

                It was hard enough to take my seatbelt off after I had slipped in and out of consciousness. Due to having alpha-blood running through my veins, I was able to heal most of the injuries that were causing me pain. Lucian was the same, groaning as he pushed the door beside him open, glass raining down on us as we exited.

                There were screams as we groggily walked out, my hand finding its way into Lucian's warm one. I couldn't register what was going on as people I didn't recognize started running towards the car we had hit. Growls were heard as the people noticed we were wandering around the icy road, looking for someone familiar.

                I heard my name being called, and I turned just in time to see a bundle of curls envelope me in a hug; Sage. She was crying as she examined my beat up body, but I could hardly hear what she was saying. I don't even remember what she was rambling about, but all I could put together was she was scared for my life and my brother's.

                I don't remember how Sage got out of the car, but she must've after realizing I was okay. She probably went to my brother to see if he was alive, which I couldn't doubt. I was just happy she was okay.

                Lucian had been wrapped in his own embrace with his sister, who was crying hysterically while examining her brother's bleeding head. Trixie trembled with absolute fear, and Jeremy had placed his hand on the back of his sons head and wrapped him in a comforting hug. He was with his family, and I was with part of my own.

                It didn't take long until the woman's cries in the car became more frantic, and I watched as a large man reached in and pulled out the woman. She was in an elegant dress, and her hair was a mess of brown curls. Her body had squirmed, thrashing in the man's hold. The girl begged and screamed, her nails digging deep in his arm. Still, he only held her tightly, a sad expression on his face.

                Sage moved out of my hold, but it didn't take long for Savannah to take her place. I didn't know her that well, but I needed the reassurance that everything was going to be okay. It was obvious things had taken a negative turn, but we had to cope.

                Sill in my daze, I felt everyone dragging me towards an ambulance. Lucian was as well, and I turned around looking for Oliver and the rest of my friends. Where was Fia and Sal? Had they died on impact? Dread filled my chest as I tried to think of the possibility that the people that had saved me had died.

                Lucian had helped me as best as he could into the ambulance, and he followed after me. He sat down next to me and brushed a stray hair that had fallen in my face. I looked up at him with tears in my eyes as I tried to process what was going to happen to me; to my brother. I don't know how I would live with myself if he died.

                "Now, we wait." I whispered to him before resting my head on his shoulder and staring glumly out the window.

                «»

                 The ambulance jolted to a stop, and I turned to notice the landscape out the window had changed. The snow had been brushed aside to allow people to walk easily around the area, and people were busily moving. I looked over at Lucian, who was holding an ice pack to his head as he gazed at me. My hands started to sweat as I began to realize the most drastic thing. I was going to be meeting my parents.