(9) Stay Omega Stay

Chapter 9.

I don't remember how I miraculously managed to end up in my guest bedroom, or how I was under the blankets of the bed. My head spun as I sat up, and placed my hand on it to prevent it from continuing. What happened? All I remember is wandering around the house when I came across a beautiful doorknob. Did I find my old baby room?

Hearing a breath of air beside me, I turned to see Lucian standing up in relief. He walked over to me and sat at the corner of the bed while I held my head in my hands. It hurt so badly, and why was that? My brain raked through anything that could have happened, but came up utterly blank. Why did I feel nauseous? Why did my head feel like it was hit with a jackhammer?

"How are you feeling?" Lucian's voice felt like he had poured shattered glass down my ears, but all I could muster was a soft groan.

"Why can't I remember what happened?" Even my own voice made the migraine increase. "And why does my head hurt so badly?"

"I heard a thump upstairs and went to go check it out. You were on the ground, so you must've hit your head." His eyebrows creased in worry, and he reached his hands up and gently massaged my temples and around to look for the bump.

Memories all came at once, from the moment I picked up the necklace to what Ayana had said in the memory. Either it had already happened, or it was going to happen. Witches were coming to the pack house, and if I wasn't killed by them...who knows what will happen. Will Ayana send more witches or will she come herself?

"Where's my necklace?" I asked looking around the bed and feeling around for something metallic. "The necklace I had on me, where is it?

"I left it on the ground." He looked at me, confused at the change of subject. I stood up from the bed, feeling the world spin. "Why do you need it?"

"Something's going to happen, I have to tell my parents."

I tossed the sheets away from my feet and sprinted out the door. Lucian had followed, but I ignored his confused pleas for me to come back. Climbing up the stairs, I turned to the right and went towards my wing.

After discovering where the door was the first time, it wasn't hard to find it again. The gems pressed comfortably into the palm of my hand as I swung the door open. The necklace was on the ground when I walked in, and I ignored my surroundings as I sped over to it and grabbed it. Lucian had just caught up to me when I exited my room.

He called for me again as I sped back towards the staircase and went down it. I ignored him, and the other confused pack members I was passing. I heard someone call to me that I wasn't allowed to run in the halls using my speed, but I didn't care. For all we know, the witches could be outside our front door. I can't risk anyone getting hurt again, not if this time I can stop it. If I don't stop this, Clayton may not be the only person here that is borderline close to dying.

I found my parents sitting together on the couch, my father's head nestled in the crook of my mom's neck. He was whispering to her, making her giggle and smile at him. They kissed passionately before she noticed I was standing in the doorway. She pushed her mate away so she could give me her undivided attention.

"Penny, sweetie." She greeted, brushed her white hair out of her face. "Is something wrong?"

I ran my free hand through my short copper hair, debating how I was going to speak to her. She pulled herself free from my dad's grin on her hips, and went to stand in front of me. After scanning my body for any injuries, her violet eyes landed on the piece of jewelry in my hand.