(5) Stay Omega Stay

Chapter 5.

                I woke up almost in a daze, my vision blurring in and out a few times as I tried to come to consciousness. My head felt as if I was on a cloud and I must've no doubt been in my brother Rylan's bed. It was so comfortable, yet I knew I had to wake up and come back to reality.

                It wasn't hard to figure out that I had passed out, and must've been sleeping for a good twelve hours. The sun was down, and there was a blue hue in the room from the sliver of moon outside the curtains. I shook my head, trying to shake the unbearable heartache away. If Lucian let me hit my head when I fainted, I don't know what I would do to him.

                As if on cue, a soft snore was heard next to me, and I stiffened when noticing it was right next to me. I turned my head, my eyes widening in fear when I came to terms that someone was sleeping beside me. Immediately I relaxed when I noticed it was only Lucian sleeping soundly beside me, his bare back turned away. I let out the breath I didn't know I was previously holding.

                Something cluttered down the stairs, and for the hundredth time I felt my heart stop. Gulping dryly, I tried my best to leave the bed so I wouldn't wake my mate. Looking down, I noticed I was in a warm hoodie, obviously Lucian's, and the pants I was wearing before. Taking one last glance in Lucian's direction, I placed my foot on the wooden flooring, hearing it creak in irritation at the sudden weight.

                Trying my best to leave the room soundly, I managed to grab a pair of slippers and reach the door. Exiting the room, I glanced at the single light down the hallway. It lead downstairs, a soft hue enlightening the entire vicinity. Thankfully the floor didn't squeak, and I managed to walk down the hallway and down the stairs with no problem.

                There was a soft clearing of someone's throat, and it was from the kitchen just in front of me. I peered shyly in to see who was in there, only to sigh in relief when recognized her. She was in a black pajama set with a hot pink trim. She had what looked like monkey slippers on, and a face mask on her head that allowed her a peaceful night's sleep. The new design of wood screeched when I stepped on it, causing her head to snap in my direction.

                "Penelope." She grinned, her face still showing minor surprise. "I thought you wouldn't be up for at least another couple of hours."

                "Where is everybody?" I asked stepping into the dimly lit room.

                "Sleeping." Savannah shrugged, her black hair falling in front of her green eyes. "I'm the only one up."

                "Why?" I sat next to her on the island counter, the chair scrapping as I sat back in it.

                "I don't sleep much." She shrugged sipping the tea in her mug politely. "I mean, I sleep but I just wake up early and go to bed late. I've just gotten into the routine since being a tracker means continuous searching for people."

                "Tracking? What's that?" I glanced at her, noticing she was getting up and walking over to the cabinet. "Who are you looking for?"

                "Tea?" She held out a black mug, and I nodded at her. "Trackers search for lost pups, and usually rogues that have stumbled on our land. I find them and tell the Scouts where they are, then they handle the situation."

                "That's very interesting." I smiled, watching as she poured hot water into the cup and dunked a packet in. "How many of you are there?"