(23) Stay Omega Stay

Chapter 23.

There was chaos everywhere.

I ran as fast as I could without shifting, trying my hardest to make it to my family and friends. I could see from the horizon flashes of magic, and an echoed wimper was always heard shortly after. People were dying...my people were dying. I had abandoned them to battle the conductor of this battle, and in return many had died. Ayana had lured me out and away from them so she could deal with me herself, but in return she had done nothing but distract me from the real fight.

My father was battling a witch, and he lept at her, swollowing her entire head and shook her body. I had to look away as the limp body was thrown away violently, smashing hard into the tree next to me. By then my fathered had noticed me, and his wolf form trotted towards me. He nudged me with his nose, his aquamarine eyes baring deep into my soul. He knew I had killed her.

With a nod of my head he turned and went back to battle. He was the former alpha, one of the strongest fighting, and could manage on his own. From what I had learned killing was a part of our nature, but it wasn't for sport. It was our only defense, it was the only thing we were really good at.

I tried to find my mother, and I knew she couldn't be far from my father. Mates never left each other, minus mine of course. Lucian had his own responsibilities to his pack, but he was stilll fighting a fight he was willing to kill for. This fight, was me. He wasn't going to let anyone harm me, not anymore. He had seen the damage they had done to me first hand, and he wondered if this was something that could help me get better. Perhaps this war would have some positive outcomes.

I saw her but didn't process it until her magic knocked me backwards. A witch stood dangerously close to me, like she had transported herself. An orange flame erupted from her hand, and she pelted it towards me while I was on the ground. I had just enough time to roll to the side before it melted the snow and burned the grass.

"You killed her." She spoke, her voice echoing and hissing as if she were a hypnotizing snake. "Now you have to die."

Ayana's loyal subject was dead in a blink of an eye. Her mouth oozed blood and she collapsed to the ground. I stared at the gapping hole in her back, and looked up to see Lilura holding something red and slowly beating in her hand. It was the witches heart. It took one more beat before stopping, the blood draining from it. She dropped it almost in slow motion, and the heart mad a sickening gushing sound when it connected with the ground. I wanted to empty my stomach from the sight, but knew I couldn't.

"Are you okay?" She asked helping me stand up, her bloodied hand staining my already stained white shirt.

"Yeah." I said shaking slightly. "How did you do that?"

"I pulled it out of her with my magic." She said simply, scanning the area for any advancers. "A thank you would've been nice, but you can do that tomorrow."

"I don't think this war will only last for today."

«»

It had been two months. Two months of death that no one could handle anymore. Many packs gave up and left after losing hundreds of their men. The witches were still coming at us day in and day out, even with Ayana gone. They attacked at every angle, and they had been getting deeper and deeper into our territory.

That first day had been the worst, but when the sun began to rise the next day the witches retreated. We thought they had given up until two days later where they attacked a home at the border of the territory killing a family of four. Two children had been killed, and they were first of many to be killed. Every day men would wake up in the morning to fight, and some woke up at night as well. Everyone had different sleep schedules in order to fight. We fought in waves, and they fought in hurricanes, each getting harder and harder to fight off. We continued to wipe out their attacks, and they had lost more fighters than we had.