(12) Stay Omega Stay

Chapter 12.

After informing Lucian of what I had done, I burst into tears. The dead body not even three feet away from me was beginning to smell, and make me nauseous. Her head was twisted at such an odd angle, that looking at it made me cringe. Eyes wide and staring up into the starry sky made me wish I hadn't left in the first place.

"Penelope you need to get up and leave." I looked up at the voice to see Logan standing above me with a determined look.

"I can't just leave her here, she may have been trying to kill me but she's still a person." I cried, the chilly tears flowing down my face.

"Your family is worried sick, you need to go back." I shook my head at him, knowing that he couldn't physically take me back. He was dead after all.

All at once, I felt like the world was completely over. I had killed someone, and it was completely doing. This woman could have a family, and a child to look after. What if I had made a little boy or girl grow up the same way I did, without a family. Only now, I had been the reason and had brought that curse onto somebody.

I looked down at my hands to see blood dripping out of my wrists and fingers that had been placed there by the woman's nails. Bruises were no doubt forming on my back and shoulder from the way I had been thrown across the woods like a rag doll. I no doubt had been abused tremendously across my entire body.

"Penny!" I heard my name being called in the distance, but I couldn't bring myself to call out to them. The voice sounds like Rylan, but I wasn't completely sure.

I could only sob as I realized my family had been looking for me, and were no doubt concerned. All I could manage was to cry my eyes out, and wish I had never been here. We may have found Savannah's cousin, Malcolm, but had ended two lives in the process. No doubt, once when we entered my father's territory, the man had been killed for being a witch.

I heard someone scream my name out of either surprise or fright, and heard knees skid along the snow patch in front of me. My eyes opened from crying to see Rylan kneeling in front of me, and once he noticed me crying he immediately wrapped me in an embrace. I sobbed in my brother's arms, soothing whispers coming from him.

"I didn't mean to." I bellowed, gripping his sweater tightly in my hands. "She was going to hurt me and I-"

"Penny!" Another voice called from behind us, and I heard her quick footsteps. "Holy crap, Penny are you okay?"

Sage looked at me with concerned aquamarine eyes, Oliver, Kory, and my parents beside her. They were all giving me and each other concerned looked. My mom came over to me next, covering my face in her shoulder so I wouldn't see the body being picked up and carried off by my friends and family. She soothed me gently, brushing my short copper hair out of my face and speaking softly.

"Rylan, please carry her home and take her to Lucian." My mom told my brother, who hadn't left my side yet. "He's no doubt freaking out ever since she blocked him out of her mind."

It didn't even dawn on me that I had, but I didn't particularly know I could speak with him regularly through a mind link, I had never needed to use it before. It had come completely natural to me, and I hardly needed to think about it. He was no doubt extremely concerned after telling him I had killed somebody.

Rylan lifted me into his arms and jogged his way back to the clinic. We had stayed in complete silence, my hand gripping his shirt so I wouldn't fall to the ground. The trees blurred past and people gave us curious looks. It had only dawned on me that the sun was just rising, and people were slowly starting to move around. Most people were on their morning run, while others seemed to be heading to work.