(22) Stay Omega Stay

Chapter 22.

It felt like time was getting slower as we approached the cabin, the candlelight inside flickering violently. All the warriors, wolf or human, were all approaching with determination. All the Alphas were in front, and I looked from the other side to see Lucian beside his mother and father. My father held up his hand, and all the alphas immediately told their warriors to stop as well. I looked over beside me, and saw my brother Clayton narrowing his eyes at the cabin.

I moved my way towards my dad, who was standing perfectly still. Touching his arm, he looked over at me with a look of anger and hostility. The moment he recognized me he relaxed slightly. Something was wrong, that I knew immediately. Whatever it was, I knew it was really bad.

"What's going on?" I asked.

"No one's in the cabin." He said softly. "But I have a bad feeling."

A chill ran up my spine, and I knew for a fact it wasn't from the cold. "Me too."

Everything was silent, and nothing was moving. I felt like I was standing in a graveyard, and maybe this was sort of like one. People were going to die, and after this, there would be a lot of graves to dig. People were going to die, and there was nothing I could do to stop it.

There was a scream, and I turned my head to see someone on the ground in pain. I ran over as fast as I could, and the sight was disgusting. The woman had an animal trap digging into her ankle, blood pouring out of the wound violently. I looked away, feeling bile fill up at the bottom of my throat. My dad came running, his eyes crazy when he realized what had happened.

"Shit." He cursed, turning around to examine the battlefield. It was there everyone noticed all the animal trap on the ground. One that could easily take off someones foot.

Paige came running, quickly covering the wound with a white blanket and trying to get the trap out of the woman's ankle. She screamed, the pain unbearable as the trap only got tighter. Paige cursed, blood staining her fingers as she tried to yank and pull at the rusted metal. For something that looked like a piece of junk it sure was durable.

"It's spelled." I looked over at Lilura who was holding her hand up. "It won't release her unless the witch that spelled it dies. It's a life linking sort of thing."

"What if we don't kill the witch?" I asked, looking at her with worry.

"Eventually she'll die from the blood loss." Lilura said softly.

Anger boiled inside my veins and I couldn't contain my frustration anymore. I faced the cabin and ran full speed towards it, knocking people over as I did so. There had to be people in there, I wasn't going home until Ayana was dead. I would spend the rest of my years trying to kill her as long as my family was safe. She had already ruined enough lives, and it was time for hers to end.

I ran up the few steps into the cabin, but the moment I touched the cabin it was as if a bomb had exploded right in front of me. I was violently pushed back, my arms and legs trailing everywhere as I was tossed yards from the cabin. My back landed painfully on the dirt, mud sticking to my clothes and hair.

It was as if everything was blurring around me as I tried to sit up, only for me to face plant the ground once more. My ears were ringing and I was moving sluggishly as if everything was being rewind and fast forwarded. People were running in blurs, their bodies leaving a small foggy tail behind them.