(31) Stay Omega Stay

Chapter 31.

"So what?" A pack member shouted from somewhere in the crowd. "Kill her when the child is born, there is no difference."

The crowd shouted in agreement and my heart began to race. I would be dead no matter what story my mate made up. I'm not pregnant because we always took extra care for that to never happen. We had never discussed children, so that was why I never intended on having any until we did talk. Of course, he would lie to save my life, but out of all the things he could lie about why say I was pregnant?

"Everyone be quiet right now!" My mom stepped out of the circle and towards me. Her violet eyes held so much anger it terrified me. "No one is touching my daughter."

"Bestowed by the Moon Goddess to give me the power of the Alpha," my dad called out to the crowd as he took my mother's hand and joined her to the center of the circle where they stood facing me. "I hereby pardon Penelope from all crimes against her. Her murderous ways will be declared due to her insanity. She will be sent to a place where she can get the help she needs."

My heart fluttered at his words that I was finally free. I was grateful to my mother for taking the first step to keeping me safe My father joining her only strengthened that. Now that he had declared my pardon he cannot take it back, and the pack must accept it. I was safe from the death that was going to be thrown at me, and I was more than happy about it. Lucian must've known that bringing in a baby would pull at the strings on my mother's heart. I wonder how he knew. Perhaps it was what Paige had been through since she lost the baby because I hadn't seen her at all.

The crowd began to shout in protest, and the wolves that my father had ordered to wait had begun to circle me. Lucian snarled, his wolf side getting the best of him as he shifted. Oliver grabbed my arm, noticing that a lot of the pack members were not happy with the verdict. Lily stood in front of me, her eyes following the wolves every move. There was no way they would attack. They would be defying their Alpha and would be sentenced to the fate I was meant to have.

"Try to attack my daughter and I will murder all of you myself." My father was glaring at the wolves who had now stopped circling me. "Penny is not going to be harmed by anyone because like it or not she is at some point innocent in all of this."

"It was an accident," I called to everyone around me, Oliver still holding my arm while Lucian growling at anyone who moved.

"Let's get out of here and let your parents handle this," Oliver said to me, his eyes showing concerned when I turned to him. "We need to keep you safe."

Oliver began to drag me towards the pack house, but people began to protest in outrage. "Oliver no, let me go."

"Lily." Oliver looked at Lilura who nodded her head.

"To your room," Lily said, raising her hand as it began to glow. Something gold and circular pushed in our direction and engulfed us.

In less than a second, I was standing in my old bedroom that consisted of my baby crib and decorations. Oliver shook his head, dust being captured in his hair as it moved from our sudden arrival. He let go of my arm, grabbing his head and groaning.

"Damn as much as I love her for being a witch, that teleportation thing she does can really kill your head." He muttered, gasping in pain.

"She has never done that before," I noted, feeling a bit dizzy myself. "How did she do that?"

"She has been practicing a lot lately and began discovering new things." The look in his eyes showed such admiration for his mate, but he also looked very serious.