(33) Stay Omega Stay

Chapter 33.

6 months later

I sat down on the rocking bench outside of the pack house, sipping my tea soothingly. I hummed to myself, feeling at peace with myself and the warm air that brushed my skin. My thoughts began to jumble, my hand playing with the necklace that hung around my neck. I watched the pack members walking around, a smile on their face as they passed me.

It was a beautiful and warm summer day, and I couldn't help but feel happy with the way life was. I was home, or at least at my mate's home that had happily turned into my own. We had decorated our room so that it fits perfectly with both of our styles. Lucian liked a darker room but I wanted some color to it, so I was happy we had a mingle of both. We worked so well together, running the pack as equals. I did most of the paperwork, he looked it over, and would put it to action. I couldn't exactly go running around in my condition.

My thoughts went back to that night, the night that changed my entire life.

«.»

"Did it work?" I asked Lilura, as I looked down to see the pendant glowing. My eyes went back to her, and she let out a breath of air.

"Yeah, the memories are in that necklace." She looked tired, but I knew it was only from using all of her magic to help me. "How do you feel?"

"Everything feels so quiet." I looked around the room, wondering if I could tell if anything changed.

"Here let's test it out." Lily smiled, leaning over to talk to me. "What happened to your brother Clayton."

I began to think about it, a few tears filling in my eyes as I thought about it. How much it hurt to receive the new that Clayton was gone. It took everything in me to not have a meltdown, but I knew if I wanted to keep my sanity I had to stay strong.

"Clayton had just killed Ayana, the woman who kept me in that prison and he was on too thin of ice and fell through." I looked down at my tea. "He drowned."

"I'm so sorry." She eyed me, nodding her head in understanding. "Well, Penny the memory removal worked so you can be happy.

"What memory did you remove?" I asked her, looking at her with confusion. "You came here to help me with my memory driving me insane. I feel much better now thank you."

"Like I said, if you want the memory back all you need to do is ask." She smiled, touching my arm gently.

"What memory would I want back?"

"Just some painful memories." She shrugged brushing her dark hair behind her ear. "When you feel sane enough to handle them, I will return them slowly."

"Thank you." I knew that what she had done would help me, even if I didn't know specifically what she had taken. All I knew is that I feel like my mind is clearer and less troubled.

"I'm going to go and explain this to Lucian, your parents, and friends." Lilura stood up and began walking towards the basement that I had come up from when I spoke to my parents.

I began to think about what my parents had told me, deciding it couldn't hurt to get more help. The more help I got the faster I would recover. I would be able to be welcomed into the pack, and I would be able to truly get to know my family. The only thing we bonded over was the need to keep me protected and my brother alive. We never got to know each other as actual people.

Lucian came barrelling down the stairs, and I could hear his quick breathing. Just by the way he was moving I could tell he was upset. When he came into the kitchen he stopped short. I sipped my tea, keeping my eyes straight on him. After I finished the last of it I smiled at him, my teeth showing through. It was the first time I had ever smiled so widely. I believe that's what caught him off guard more.