(29) Stay Omega Stay

Chapter 29.

I was dragged into a new room that was completely gray minus the floral rug on the ground. The entire room was empty but was brightly lit. The guards behind me had dropped me onto the rug and proceeded to leave. I continued to stay in the position they left me as I sat helplessly on the ground.

My hair was standing up in different directions and there was sweat dripping down my back. Tears coated every inch of my face and it looked like I was coated in a thin layer of grease. My clothes were slightly ripped from being dragged by the pack members. I looked like an absolute wreck who had just been through hell and back. If anything, I looked like a filthy Rogue. I looked like someone who didn't deserve to live. I looked pathetic.

The door opened, and I was forced to stand up to face the person. I looked up at them through my tears that had continued to fall. I was so afraid, so alone in the last night of my life. This was what I was going to see right before I was dragged outside in the bitter cold and be violently killed. They were going to show me no mercy for killing Clayton.

"Here." To my surprise, London was in front of me holding what looked like a long white sweater and pants. "It's cold outside you need this."

"Why are you being nice to me?" I asked, taking them carefully from her hands. "I'm being killed tomorrow for the death of your mate."

"I know, but even you don't deserve to be treated lesser than a wolf because of it." She said backing up a little bit as if she thought I would try and kill her. "I know how badly you wanted to live for your mate, and I understand that he's going to be put in the same position as I am. He won't have a mate."

"So you're being nice to me because you can relate to my mate?"

"Well even if you're a criminal in the eyes of the pack you aren't to me." I was surprised by London's statement, I had been the one to kill her mate. "You saved my son after all."

"He is my nephew. If I didn't save him you would've been completely alone." I went to embrace her but stopped myself when I saw her take a step backward.

"Do you-" London stopped herself to think over what she was going to say. "Do you see him?"

"Clayton?" I asked, and she nodded her head in agreement. "I've seen him before."

"Do you talk to him?"

"Not often, but I do speak to him sometimes," I answered turning away from her. "When I die I want you to know something about him."

"What?" She asked almost desperately. "Is there something about him that I don't know?"

"After he died he told me the Moon Goddess had granted him something." I looking down at my fidgeting fingers and noticed there were shaking. The anxiety of the day was affecting me a lot. "Something where he can only interact and appear in person where you can see him for a limited amount of time."

"I can see him?" She asked, her eyes tearing up. "Are you sure?"

"He told me himself, and he wants to do it as his son grows up but will stop when Felix is older." I tried to smile for her so that she would feel better about the situation.

"Oh my gosh." London turned her back to me as she covered her mouth to cover the soft sobs that were beginning to escape. "I get to see him."

"You'll be able to live a happy life." I smiled, turning my back to her as well. If I was going to die like this, I would like to be able to make others lives better.

I was engulfed in a hug from behind unexpectedly. At first, I remained frozen while being hugged, and it shocked me to the core that London was actually touching me. She had been avoiding any touch from me ever since I had been sentenced to death for murder. Now, here she was giving me a hug I felt I didn't deserve.