(28) Stay Omega Stay

Chapter 28.

I was cuffed, sitting in a chair and waiting for something to happen. All my screaming had paid off and two guards had appeared. I didn't exactly want to speak to them, but I wanted them to take me to my father. He was officially in charge now, since Felix is alive but is only a baby. My father will take charge until Felix comes of age. I may be new to this werewolf lineage and pack laws, but the transfer of titles was the only thing that I really understood.

The guards took me back to my father's office and had made sure I was cuffed and unable to get up. The silver in the chains only burned if I moved them, so I tried my best not to move. If I moved, things wouldn't go so well. The guards were watching me like a hawk, and one wrong move could cause them to attack. For all I know, the next hour may be my last. I didn't know how much longer I had, but if I was going to be executed, at least my father knew the entire story. He needed to know that everything I did, I wasn't in my right mind.

I wasn't afraid to die if anything, I knew how much I deserved it. If I was going to die, the truth might as well be revealed to someone. It might as well be to the man who had lost his son, my brother. I knew where I was going when I died, and with the sacrifice completed, I would be able to reign as the Moon Goddess. I would be able to finally protect my family since the current one is doing a terrible job at it.

"Rise as your Alpha enters." The guard had instructed and I stood up immediately, the silver digging into my wrists. I cringed but ignored the pain as best as I could.

I watch as my dad avoids eye contact with me as he takes a seat across from me behind his desk. I watch him take a deep breath before opening a manilla folder. He opens it, looks through the papers and runs his hands through his hair. I can tell he's frustrated, and I can tell there's a difficult decision he needs to make.

He gestures his hand in front of him, but I don't understand what he means until each guard places one hand on my shoulders and push me down into the chair. With the unexpected force, the silver burns into my skin making me hiss in pain. I looked down at my chains, tears welling up. I couldn't believe still that my life was going down this path.

My father pulled out a piece of paper and began reading it. "Eighty-five percent of the pack believed your execution is necessary."

"I understand," I said, nodding with my head held low.

"The majority of the people who disagree are your friends and family." He put the paper down and looked at me with sorrowful eyes. "I don't want my daughter to be killed, but it's the pack's wishes."

"I deserve what I get," I paused. "I did kill Clayton after all."

He visibly winced, collecting the papers and putting them back in his folder. He leaned over the table, and I finally got a look over at him. My father looked like he hadn't gotten a wink of sleep. His aquamarine eyes looked dull and void of any happiness. It broke me that I was the cause of so much unhappiness.

"You constantly are telling people that you deserve what is difficult to decide." My dad grabbed a pen and looked between two sides. "Being Alpha puts me in the position with decisions, but family is something I don't ignore. I lost my sister and my son in the war that is finally over."

He signed a side, and I couldn't figure out if he had put it in the approval or decline of my execution. Though he hardly had any say during this vote, for this, he was just another person. Even if he had signed for me not to be executed I was still going to die. A vote even for an Alpha was equal to the rest of the pack, and since I was his daughter that ensured that. They couldn't let him be biased with any power he had. They were the rest of the pack and the high ranked members as well.