(11) Stay Omega Stay

Chapter 11.

"You'll never pull this off." London spoke behind me as I walked swiftly through the corridors of the pack house. "You'll be captured or worse."

"Nothing's worse than being the reason for more deaths." I dead planted, walking past curious looking pack members.

"It's war Penelope." She scolded, shaking her head sadly at me. "You can't save everybody."

"I have to try." I huffed before walking into my bedroom and towards the closet. Lucian had a back that I could pack, something light and durable.

I don't know how long I'll be gone, or what my plan is, but I'll just have to wing it. There's no time to sort out a strategy, the best thing is to track down a witch and take it. If witches are in Canada, then they can't be very far judging by how fast they got here. A plane won't drop witches in from the sky, it's too dangerous to risk someone getting hurt. I'm too important to their cause on ending the power wolves have.

"You're just like your brother."

I began packing the required clothes I would need, and began loosening the straps so I could carry it in wolf form. It would take too long to go on foot, and shifting was the only option. Once when the sun sets, I'll be able to sneak out a lot easier. The extra patrols start tomorrow morning, and the entire Scout team is unorganized and everywhere. Tonight is my only chance to get out without being spotted.

If I succeed, I'll be able to get home before the sun rises and will be able to put a witch into the jail cells before my parents wake up. London has been living with my family for a few years and knows the sleeping pattern my dad has. He may be Alpha, but even he takes off days.

When I looked at London, I noticed how she was looking sadly at the ground. She was twiddling with a necklace she was wearing, something that no doubt was a gift Clayton gave her. I sighed, and continued to pack the last of a few day's clothing. After noticing London hadn't packed yet, I spoke up.

"You should pack, we'll be leaving in less than an hour." I explained to her, zipping the duffel bag tightly.

"I can't go," London told me guiltily. "I'm pregnant, and it's dangerous for a pregnant wolf to shift."

"I can't go alone, I'm new at finding people." I told her desperately, worried I wouldn't be able to save the pack.

"You're not going alone, I asked someone to help." After she spoke, the door opened to reveal Savannah carrying a heavy looking bag in her arms.

"Hey Penny." She greeted nonchalantly before dropping the bag on the bed. "Witches aren't hard to find, and if they're close we'll be home before midnight."

Savannah pulled her long black hair into a high ponytail before looking at me with her bright green eyes. She seemed excited to be leaving the pack, and I half wondered why that was. Oliver taught me that pack members hardly left the pack, and when they did it was usually based on an Alpha's order. However, she's willing to leave her injured Alpha, Lucian, and my own pack just for this.

The hour went by with Savannah explaining her well ability to track people, and that finding a witch simple enough to capture was perfect. She told me the basic nature of witches, and how they spent most of their time outside. This made us believe that the witches were most likely at a camp, and would have their tents in a large clearing to detect any enemy.

This was the hardest, and taking a witch without getting seen was bound to be tricky. When around a threat, witches traveled in small pods. They are stronger in pods, but if we manage to get them separated they'll weaken. That had been our strategy in the first battle.