(10) Stay Omega Stay

Chapter 10.

When I woke up, my ears were ringing, and my vision was blurring. I placed my hand on my ears, and after covering them completely, the ringing stopped. However, when I felt something wet touch my hand, I looked to see red covering my fingertips. My eyes widened in fright, and I tried to let a scream escape my lips. The pain was utterly unbearable, and it was difficult to not shout again.

I couldn't hear anything but the sound of my breathing as I tried to stand up, my vision finally clearing. It was hard to tell how long I had been out, but it couldn't have been more than a few minutes. My legs wobbled, and I tried to grab the split tree beside me for support. The ground was moving, and it was like I had spent my entire day on a merry-go-round.

After looking up from the ground, I spotted Lucian on the ground not moving. I shouted his name, at least I think I did since I couldn't hear, but I hoped I did. I ran towards his wolf form, which wasn't very far and assessed his blond body. It looked like what ever had hit me, had struck him as well. A large chunk of his fur was missing, completely burned off revealing crisped skin.

"Lucian?" I asked, placing my hands on his chest and feeling for a heartbeat. "Lucian wake up!"

I could feel his heartbeat, but it was slow and light. It wasn't the powerful thud I was used to, and that scared me the most. When I had been shocked by the witch, did she do the same to him when he ran over to me? Was the figure trying to kill both of us?

Wolves snarled around me, but the group of witches were diminishing. It was scaring me how none of the wolves came to help me, it was like they didn't even realize we had been shocked by someone. None were running after the retreating figure in the woods, and I couldn't find the energy to do just that. It was like the life had been sucked out of me and then forced back in. I was physically and mentally drained.

I shook Lucian's body, but he remained unmoving. His breathing was labored and tears were beginning to form in my eyes. He can't be dying too, not like Clayton. My brother and my mate have already sacrificed too much, I can't let them lose their lives too. A sob shook through my body as I realized that all the lives that have been lost today are my fault.

"Penny!" A voice called to the side of me, and I turned to see Rylan running over to me in just shorts. I hadn't even noticed Lucian and I were completely bare until my brother tossed his shirt so I could cover up.

"He's dying." I trembled, pressing my shivering hand against Lucian's soft bare chest. "What do I do?"

"You can't do anything." Rylan shook his head, bending down so he was beside me. "We wait for Sheila, our pack doctor, to come and help."

"We don't have enough time." I cried placing my hand on Lucian's decelerating heartbeat. "This witch came out and struck me, but I think the person him harder."

"Alpha's heal faster, that's why you were able to recover quickly." He explained in concern. "Give him time."

By now Oliver and Kory had come over, noticing the commotion. My dad was quick to follow, along with my cousin and uncle, all who were in their wolf forms. They looked calm, as if my mate being electrocuted was normal, but it wasn't. I had been locked up my entire life, and Oliver didn't have time to explain the limits wolves had to life and death. He never told me what could kill us.

"Out of my way!" A voice called, and I caught sight of Sheila running through the miniature crowd. "Penelope let go of him please."