(14) Stay Omega Stay

Chapter 14.

It could have just been adrenaline, but after realizing that Savannah was going to be the first person I cared about to die, I was able to push Lucian off me as if he weighed nothing. I ran in a haze after getting off the bed towards where she might be. She tended to be in the kitchen, but I didn't know what time it was.

I pushed my legs to go faster as I ran down the hall. It felt strange to be on my legs after so long of being off them. I've missed running now that I think about it, and it's hard to believe that only a month and a half ago, I was trapped in such a small prison.

When I entered the kitchen, I was greeted with confused stares, none being Savannah's. My mother was though, and she approached me hesitantly. My father was directly beside her, and they walked towards me very cautiously. They could probably hear my racing heart and were no doubt concerned.

"Penny are you okay?" My mom placed her hand on my shoulder, but I only shrugged it off and turned on my heel.

Two large hands clasped on my shoulders, and shocks traveled around my body from them. I looked up and locked eyes with Lucian, who did not look impressed with my actions. I let out a small snarl before trying to push out of his grip.

"I'm sorry Celia, Cooper," He nodded at both my parents as he turned me around to face them. "She's acting very different, it's probably just her heat."

"No it's not!" I snarled, trying to squirm out of my mates hold. "Where's Savannah? I need to find her, something's wrong."

Something crossed my mom's face, and she turned around to look at the faces around the kitchen. "I don't know."

Not a moment after did Malcolm come in, his hair wet and his skin smelling of soap. He was dressed in an elegant suit, his hand halfway to his neck, holding a bottle of expensive looking cologne. His eyes widened when he saw the commotion, and he instantly set the container down on a nearby counter.

"What's going on here?" He asked, looking between my mother and I.

"Where's your cousin?" My dad inquired, authority clear in his voice.

"Alpha Cooper," he paused and looked around the room. "I don't know where Savannah is, she should be here. I went in her room and she wasn't there."

Lucian cursed under his breath and released my shoulders after realizing I may just be right. If he doesn't know where Savannah is, then he can't get in contact her through the pack link. It would've been okay if she wasn't here but someone knew because wolves go on runs all the time. Since he can't get in touch with her, something's clearly wrong.

"Do you know where she is?" Malcolm looked as if he was about to attack someone, and his eyes were directed at me.

"No, I don't."

"She was with you last night!" He shouted, his sudden outburst startling me. "She's the only family I have left and she goes missing not even a full seventy-two hours of finally reuniting with her."

"Malcolm, calm down, don't let your father's Beta blood control your anger." My mother spoke hesitantly, obviously understanding how to handle his temper after growing up with him.

"You probably killed her!" He accused, pointing a finger directly at me. "I mean, you killed that witch, who's to say you wouldn't do it again."