(3) Stay Omega Stay

Chapter 3.

                I gaped at the woman in shock, not realizing the days had passed so fast. It was only a couple of days ago I was on a plane to meet my family and now it was suddenly my eighteenth birthday. Why didn't anyone wish my beforehand? It was Rylan's birthday too, wouldn't they do the same? Kory must have known since they were mates, and Lucian must have as well.

                I looked behind me to see my parents shuffling on their feet uncomfortably, their gazes to the ground. They couldn't have forgotten, we were their children after all, the three of us. Perhaps they were under so much stress that they forgot. It didn't add up, and I was determined to find out.

                "Why didn't you tell me?" I asked them, a hint of hurt hidden beneath my voice.

                "We didn't forget sweetie, if that's what you're thinking." My mother spoke first, a faint blush covering her cheeks.

                "We want you to get used to this place, and throwing a big party may have overwhelmed you. We don't know where you've been for the past eighteen years, so we tried to expect the unexpected." My dad explained, his eyebrows creasing in worry.

                It all blew up in my face when I realized they didn't know anything about me, and I was their daughter. They didn't know I was afraid of the dark since I was afraid of the mere thought of being back in that prison. I was afraid of confinement, and hated silence because I was more than used to it as I grew up. My family doesn't know that I've thought of multiple scenarios of what they looked like, and how I would meet them. All they knew was that I was alive, in their home with a mate named Lucian.

                They had no idea that I've been living near the equator all my life and I was out of the prison longer than they thought. I made friends along the way, and they didn't even know that. It was all my fault to not tell them everything, and I plan on doing that very soon.

                "I'd rather spend my birthday with all the people that love me, and the first person right now it Clayton." I smiled, realizing I hadn't said anything. "But I think I want to talk to him alone."

                "We understand." They smiled before my father wrapped his arm around his mate and guided her away from Sheila and I.

                "Come." Sheila commanded before spinning on her heel and strutting down the hallway. "Clayton will be very happy to see you."

                "Is it possible for me to speak to the rest of the people involved in the accident? Did all of them survive?"" I bombarded, my heart racing at the thought of one of the people I loved dying because of me.

                "All of them survived." She smiled kindly. "Our main concern is Clayton of course, he was meant to be Alpha today."

                Sheila opened the most isolated door before gripping the silver handle. The light orange wooden door was pushed open, and she patiently waited of me to enter. I wiped my sweating hands on my pants before entering, a foul scent hitting my nose immediately.

                There were three things I noticed in the room. The first was the interesting décor of it, the walls painted a pale coral color, and the ceiling decorated with twirls of painted vines and white flowers. There were cabinets everywhere and the distinct smell was wafting mostly from there. My eyes quickly snapped to the soft hum of a machine, and its constant beeping noise. That was where I noticed the second thing.