(13) Stay Omega Stay

Chapter 13.

The next morning, I woke up feeling uncomfortably feverish. Sweat coated my entire back, and my short hair was sticking comfortably to my neck. I felt claustrophobic in the bed sheets, but I didn't have the strength to move them. Oliver told me wolves hardly get sick, and if we do it's usually something difficult to cure in the human world.

I looked over in bed to see Lucian sleeping soundly beside me. His face was mushed into the pillow and his mouth was slightly open. One arm was beside his head and the other was tossed lazily over my waist. That arm felt like hot pavement on a summer day, but I couldn't find the energy to take it off.

"Lucian." I rasped, my mouth dry and filled with sandpaper.

He didn't move, and when I called for him again he only gave a grunt. It was then when I looked at the clock to see it was only dawn and Lucian would never be getting up without trying very hard. My mate hated mornings, and more importantly he hated the earliest of them. Preferably, I liked mornings, but this time I was loathing it.

"Lucian please wake up." I begged, this time hardly managing to shake him with my hand. After trying to sit up, I only managed to collapse in the sweat covered sheets.

"Babe, go back to sleep." Lucian moaned, his eyebrows scrunching together in annoyance.

"Lucian something's wrong." I was borderline close to breaking down because I had no idea what was going on with my body. I was overly hot, and felt dehydrated even in the middle of winter.

"Tell me in the morning." He breathed, patting his pillow with the arm that wasn't around me and snuggled tighter to it.

"I'm feverish and hot, somethings not right." My hands were beginning to shake as panic set in. What if I was dying? Wolves don't get sick, and if they do it's serious.

Just by my words something snapped inside Lucian and he sat up right in bed and hovered over me. A chain around his neck brushed lightly against my chin as he examined me. Even with the dim lighting I could see the worry swirling in his vibrant green eyes. After taking in my shaking heated body he cursed under his breath and got up.

He lifted me effortlessly off the bed and carried me towards the bathroom. The entire time he apologized as he filled up the bathtub with water. Judging by there being no steam it was cold, and I immediately clung to him. If he was about to do what I think he was, I would strangled him.

Lucian didn't even bother taking our clothes off as he turned off the water and stepped in with just his pajama pants on. I was only in shorts and a cotton cardigan, which he didn't seem to care as he placed me gently in it. He sat down in front of me, the knob pressing oddly into his mid back. Slowly, he grabbed a washcloth and dunked it into the water before pouring in on my hair.

I let out a small cry of distress as the cold washed over my body, but my mate only shushed me before continuing. It was freezing, and I hated it as goosebumps formed along my arms. Tears formed in my eyes as I shook, but for some odd reason I still felt hot. The cold water was bitter on my skin, but internally I was still boiling. It felt like my organs were melting as I sat there.

I knew after sitting in the tub with Lucian that my lips had turned blue. My hands and feet were pruned, and I could hardly feel them. My hair hung in heavy chunks around my face as if they had been twisted skillfully into dreadlocks. By now I didn't have any energy, and the only way someone could tell I was alive was by my shaking body.