Epilogue

Epilogue

3 years later...

The sun was shining brightly as the children ran in the backyard of my parents pack house. I was sitting down on a bench, watching them carefully as they wobbled around. They were chasing each other, laughing and giggling with so much innocence in their hearts. I twirled the ring that rested perfectly on my finger, touching the large rock that I had been given nearly two years ago. I smiled softly, watching the children.

Lucian was running barefoot as well, mud caking his feet as he ran around in nothing but cargo pants. I couldn't help but chuckle a little bit as he nearly slipped, but smiled when he caught himself fast enough to prevent our little toddler from doing the same. He tossed our child in the air, a smile evident on his face as he kissed the soft baby skin that still remained. A scream of pure joy echoed from the tiny body.

Logan. Our beautiful son who had his father's green eyes and my copper hair. Our genes were no longer tainted with my mother's painful past, and I couldn't be happier. He was much like me, a bit shy but still loud like his father. He enjoyed the mud and being outside more than sitting with me when I would read to him. He loved playing, and he loved getting dirty.

I wanted something to remember my mother's brother, because she had never gotten the chance to name either one of her sons that. The names had already been decided in her Illumination Dream, but for me it was different. I got the choice, and I was happy with what I decided. My uncle deserved to have someone live a long and happy life with his name. It was only the start of something beautiful. I could see in my sons future that it would be fully of peace and control. He had my calm nature, which would be good in any negotiation.

I watched as well as the little girl that had been playing with Logan pointed, her pink sun dress covered in mud. I didn't know where her mother was, but I had a feeling she would not be happy with her. It would take days to get the stain out. It wasn't going to be easy, but perhaps a little magic wouldn't hurt.

Lilura gave birth to a beautiful baby girl named Hope. She had hoped that whatever happened in her daughter's life, she would be able to overcome it. Hope was already showing signed of being a witch, but Oliver had claimed he could tell she was more aggressive than an average witch. A part of the wolf gene existed in her, but it was difficult to determine how much she had exactly. If she had enough, she could shift into a wolf and also be a witch. She would be a lot different than the combination of her kind. I could only wonder what her life would be like. It would be difficult, but I had a feeling with her mother's stubborness she could do anything.

Another little boy was calling out to Logan and Hope, his brown hair moving around in the soft summer breeze. Felix was looking at his cousin and friend with so much authority that it concerned me a bit. He would be a powerful Alpha, but at such a young age the Alpha gene was already making a presence. Lucian stared at the boy, and almost immediately the boy backed down. He wasn't old enough to stand up to an older Alpha just yet. That would take time until he was fully mature. However, no one was waiting for that to happen, especially London.

She kept complaining how fast Felix was growing up, and it made me chuckle whenever she called herself old. Every time she did I would point to my grandmother, who was still happily living her life. London would stick her tongue out at me in a childish way, making me happy that we had grown so close in the last few years. She had gotten over the pain, as good as any mate would, after losing Clayton. She was much calmer and seemed to have matured a lot over the years. She kept herself busy from what I heard, and generally would play with Felix whenever she was given the chance. She tried working like a human but hated the idea of taking orders from someone who wasn't exactly the highest on the food chain. Her words, not mine.