chapter 5

We entered the house and it was magnificent. They had a double staircase with a chandelier hanging down. There were so many rooms i could have easily gotten lost. From the top of the staircase Marlon, Jackie, Randy and Latoya appeared and came down stairs to greet us both. I hugged them and said hi. But the one person i wanted to see wasn't here yet.

"LUCY!" Michael runs down the stairs as quick as he can and gives me the biggest hug. I almost start crying but i hold myself together. "I've missed you so much."

"Me too." Everyone begins their own conversation as Michael gives me a tour around the house. "Wow your house is massive. Do you have your own room now?"

"Yes i do. I can't wait to show you." We continued with the tour until we finally headed upstairs to his room. He opened the door and i was amazed. It looked way less boring than mine. Posters were up everywhere of all the singers who inspired him the most. He had a bookshelf filled with the books me and him have read together. He had a corner designated for records and his record player. It was amazing.

"It is fab Michael. My room isn't decorated yet but i do have something i need to show you that cannot wait."

"Well my mum was wondering if you and your brother wanted to stay for lunch? We will be having a BBQ in the back yard in a few hours."

"Yes of course. What i have to show you is better at night anyway." I giggle and Michael smiles. He doesn't know what i'm talking about but i know he will love it.

We stay in Michaels bedroom and i show him the songs i wrote for him. He read through them and loved them. He started singing them trying to find a tune. He was telling me that he is going to make a solo album soon after all the others he has planned this year. The next few hours we catch up and then head downstairs when Katherine shouts us for lunch. We really lost track of time in each others presence.

It was midday now so the sun was shining even brighter than before. We could smell all the food as we made our way closer to the back yard. Luckily Michael was with me otherwise i would probably get lost. We opened the patio doors to reveal the largest yard. It was the size of a soccer pitch. It had a dining area on the left, a big swimming pool sheltered down at the bottom of the yard, lots of space to play, some deck chairs and sun beds. We all sat around the dining table while the food was brought over from the BBQ.

Katherine has prepared sausages and burgers, corn on the cob and other veg, and buns. I had sausage on a bun with lots of veg and Michael had the same but a burger instead of sausage. I still hadn't seen Joseph yet. He was probably working or something, i wasn't complaining because i was still very scared of him. After i had finished, i played with Janet and Michael spent some time with his brothers. Even after a few months of not seeing her, Janet still remembered me. She called me lulu which i thought was really cute. I missed her 5th birthday which i felt bad about but she doesn't seem to mind. She's like the little sister i never had.

It had been a few hours after lunch and the sun was starting to set. We thought we better head back home now. I needed to go find Michael so i could show him my room and my secret spot. I found him sat at the dining table chatting with some of his brothers. I made my way over

"Hey, do you wanna come back to ours so i can show you our new home? Its not as luxury as this, but its way bigger than our house in Gary."

"Yeah of course." He stood up and said bye to his brothers. We made our way through the house and found my brother sat with LaToya in the living room.

"Hey LaToya, Harvey we are going to head back now do you wanna come with us or stay with your girlfriend?"

"She's not my girlfriend," he scoffed but looked embarrassed. "Yeah i will come with you two now, bye Toya.