chapter 30

When I finally had enough energy to open my eyes, I saw that I was lying in an unfamiliar room. It was too white, too bright. It made my eyes hurt.

The window was wide open, letting in as much light as possible, making me have to squint my eyes. There was only a bed, no other furniture decorated the huge room.

Where was I?

I looked next to me where I had tubes sticking out of every part of my arm. Different drugs being pumped into my system.

I was in a hospital.

Maybe this dizziness was more than I thought. I sighed slamming my head onto the pillow, staring at the ceiling, procrastinating on whether I should try and get up. However, I was tied up to all these tubes it would be impossible.

I tapped my finger on the bed, patiently waiting for someone to come in to check on me, as I couldn't find any sort of pager to call a nurse in.

The door knob turned and the door creaked open. It was Michael. Who was holding a bouquet of red roses.

His eyes were on the floor, his steps were slow, his hair was a mess. He was in one of his depressive, lonely states.

"Michael?" I whisper.

He looks up with his precious doe eyes, staring into mine and within a split second he drops the bouquet and runs over to me, hugging me. "You're finally awake." He cry's.

"What happened?" I asked.

"I- I don't know, I wasn't there. Julia said you just collapsed. Nobody know what happened." He says, kissing the top of my head. "Can you remember anything? Did you have the same symptoms that you had last week?"

He pulls away and looks into my eyes.

"Michael..." I start.

"You told me that if they kept happening you would let me take you to the doctors."

"I thought I was fine, I thought I just had a heavy period and... I don't know I just thought that I would be fine and there was no need to go to the doctor."

"You've been unconscious for 14 hours." He whispers, caressing my cheek. "I was scared."

"I'm sorry Michael." I say, holding his wrist.

"I'll go get the nurse, they were waiting for you to wake up to tell you your diagnosis."

"My diagnosis? So this isn't just dehydration or something?" I ask.

"No." He says standing up straight and leaving the room.

A few minutes later he re enters the room with a young girl walking in behind her. She grabs my chart from the end of my bed and flips through the pages.

"Lucianna Marilyn Juliana Rodriguez. Birthday 22nd January 1958, 23 years old, currently lives in Los Angeles, originally from Indiana." She says. "Is all that information correct?"

"Yep." I say nodding my head.

"Okay great. So, we have ran some tests on you to see if there was a reason for your symptoms and we have found a few things."

I wasn't gonna lie, I was really nervous, I looked up at Michael who was twirling with his thumbs, never leaving eye contact with me.

"I'm afraid to say that you have developed severe anaemia. Which means that you have a lack of iron in your blood, which is the reason why you have been getting dizzy, feeling week, having headaches."

"Is there any cure or prevention for it?" I ask.

"Yes, luckily you can take an iron tablet which will make up for the lack of iron in your red blood cells."