chapter 20

August 1980
Over the past few months I have been doing photoshoots, spending time with Michael , seeing my girlfriends, spending time with my parents and Michaels family.

But right now, I was sat in mine and Michaels private jet flying to Paris for my first ever runway. It was kind of like a trial for next year when I would do a world tour with Victoria's Secret. So they asked me to come to Paris, get used to it before I would be doing it for months straight.

With me, I had Cynthia, Kevin, Andy, Mia and Mark. After the Gucci shoot back in January, Mia and Mark had agreed to become my personal stylists and would travel around with me wherever I went.

Now, my salary was unbelievable. All these massive brands would offer me the world to work with them, Cynthia would take the best deals and that is the reason I have become a multi-millionaire in the space of 8 months.

Michael was at his home at Havenhurst working on some new tunes for an album he was hoping to release maybe next year. But he promised that he would fly over to see me tomorrow night and he wouldn't miss it for the world.

I was making small talk with Cynthia and Mia, trying to calm my nerves. I was so scared I would mess something up. I would just cry if I fell or did something wrong. But I've always been and probably we always be an over thinker so I just have to distract myself.

We finally landed after an 11 hour flight. I was fucking exhausted. And I missed my boyfriend. Which made things 100x worse. When I arrived at my hotel, which was included in the package of modelling for VS. All the girls that were modelling were staying on the same floor as me, and we were all meeting for breakfast tomorrow morning at 10am but right now, I had no clue what time it was.

All I wanted to do, was put some pyjamas on and call Michael. I hadn't even been able to see him for long due to our busy schedules so tomorrow when I get to see him, it's just special. I dial his number and he's quick to pick up.

"Hi beautiful." I say.

"Oh hey sweetheart. How was your flight?" I could hear his whole mood change when he heard my voice.

"Exhausting and long. But I'm here now and very excited to see you tomorrow." I start twisting the telephone wire in my fingers as I grin listing to his voice.

"I can't wait to be there with you. I get so lonely when you aren't around."

"I know you do honey, but this time tomorrow you will be with me and I will be all yours."

We talk for about an hour and a half before I check the time and realise I probably should be getting to bed if I was gonna be making an appearance tomorrow for breakfast.

So at 2:30am, I hung up the phone and went to sleep, knowing that my soulmate would be lying next to me tomorrow night.

Luckily I woke up in time. The clock on the wall said 9:40 so I had to be quick. I didn't want to look like I'd just rolled out of bed so I put on some makeup and pulled my hair back into a ponytail. I wore a set that was gifted to me by Calvin Klein last month as a thanks to working with them. It was a three piece which included a navy pencil skirt, a white blouse and a navy jacket on top.

I'd say I looked good enough to be surrounded by supermodels. When I got to the restaurant it was completely closed, with only one table filled with beautiful girls. I walked over and they looked up one by one, smiling.

"Hey everyone." I say smiling, taking a seat next to someone I recognised.

A bunch of "heys" and "hi" was heard as they all got talking again.

"Lucy, do you know everyone is?" Said the girl sat next to me.

"I'm really sorry but no I don't." I was a bit embarrassed but they all understood that I was new to this industry and I was probably the youngest one there. They all looked around 25 to 30 whilst I had my 22nd birthday 6 months ago.