chapter 13

The past few weeks things have been constant. Good but constant. But yesterday i got a letter from Michael inviting me on a date. It was beautifully written. But of course it was, Michael wrote it. He invited me to a fancy Mexican restaurant, booked tonight.

He hasn't officially asked me to be his girlfriend yet but we are definitely exclusive. We still haven't told anyone. My plan was to tell when he makes me his girlfriend which i'm hoping is soon.

This romantic letter is giving me hope it will be tonight, so i can tell everyone. Especially Janet. I'm telling her first. She's one of my best friends now, and she's desperate for me to date her brother. So i know when i tell her she will be over the moon.

I'm scared what the Jackson brothers will say though, i know they will joke but i have a feeling that Michael will get uncomfortable and embarrassed. Deep down i know they will be happy about it, but they will make a joke out of it, they love bullying their little brother.

I start getting ready in the afternoon to prepare for tonight. I do my usual routine and once my hair is dry i put it in loose curls. I clip two sections together at the back and place a silver barrette on top. I leave some loose strands framing my face before i go to my closet to pick an outfit.

I pick out a tight fit black dress with spaghetti straps and a slit up the side with my black blazer and black chunky boots.  I place on my jewellery which consists of: my necklace Michael bought me a few weeks ago, some rings, a few bracelets and my watch, and some hoop earrings. I grabbed my shoulder bag and put on some makeup, more than usual. I wanted to put on a good impression.  I looked in the mirror above my sink before opening it to grab my dior perfume. I sprayed some on myself and applied some red lipstick to finish the look.

There was a knock on the door. I was the only one home so i had to go answer it. I walked down stairs and opened the front door. I saw Michael stood there with vintage red roses in his hands. He was wearing a his usual loafers and slacks. He wore a red button up shirt, which matched the roses he was carrying, and my lipstick.

"Oh Michael you look amazing."

"Lucy, i'm stunned for words you look out of this world. Your outfit, your hair, your makeup your... you are wearing your necklace i got you."

"Of course i am. I am just as in love with it as you are." He stood at me smiling before he quickly handed me the flowers.

"Here you are babe." I took them off him and thanked him. They were his favourite colour and my favourite flower they were just perfect. He reached his arm out for me to link it as we headed down the pathway and into the back of the limo.

He opened the door for me and quickly climbed in to sit next to me. The smell of his cologne filled my nose and it smelt so sexy.

"You smell amazing," i whispered into his ear and took in a deep breath through my nose.

He kissed behind my ear. "I could say the same about you." He winked and gave me a million dollar smile. "Hey Bill take us to our destination please."

"Copy that sir."

We arrived at a restaurant in quite a secluded road. There were little stores and small businesses in terraced houses lining up on each side of the road. I got out the car and my eyes found the most likely place where we would be eating dinner. Michael came from behind me and kissed my cheek. He linked my hand with his and i followed his lead down the road.

Michael had a slight nervous expression on his face. I don't know if it a because he saw some paparazzi or some fans, but i could tell something is bothering him. "What the matter honey?" He just looks at me and smiles.