chapter 22

The next morning, Bill had already sorted out a few properties for us to look at. The whole process of buying a house and moving in can take a few months, but it's fun when you can finally move in.

We knew that this would only be temporary until we sorted ourselves out, but we hoped that soon we would put down a deposit on a house we can call a home where we may eventually have kids and get married.

All the properties were located around the area of LA, not in the actual city, because we knew it would be too chaotic but Bill had managed to find three apartments for us, which had lots of privacy and lots of space.

The first house we looked around was about a half an hour drive from our homes and was located near the beach. It was a private part of a beach, with very few other buildings. The apartment block was modern, with lots of greenery and wooden decor.

We were lead up to the room, which was on the top floor, meaning that we had the roof as well, which was private to the owner of the top floor. Once the door opened, I fell in love with the decoration and layout. Even though it was an apartment, there was still two floors to this home with infinity stairs leading to the master bedroom.

There was a grand living area space with the kitchen hidden under the mezzanine bedroom, which continued with the modern theme. There was a breakfast bar and dining table along with lots of counter space to do lots of cooking.

Also on the bottom floor was the main bathroom, 3 guest rooms, 2 living areas and it's own bar. We made our way to the top floor where a grand bedroom, which had oak floors and floor to ceiling windows which showed a gorgeous view of the beach. There was also an en-suite bathroom and a walk in closet that was big enough for 2 people.

If I was being honest, I didn't really need to look at the other two properties because I had fallen in love with this one

If I was being honest, I didn't really need to look at the other two properties because I had fallen in love with this one. No other apartment is going to have 2 balcony's looking out into a private beach like this one does.

"I love this one." I say.

"Me too, but it's worth a look at the others, just so we know we haven't missed out." He smiles.

I hold his hand as we make our way to the next two properties.

The other two properties were no less than amazing, however the first property we looked at, me and Michael both thought that the first one was just perfect for us. so, we made a deposit on the house, to prevent it being sold to anyone else and agreed to buy it once our tours were over.

And for next next month until the tour started, I was obsessing over the apartment. I just couldn't wait for the tour to be finished so we could move in and make it a home.

January 1981
December flew by and before we knew it, I was one day away from starting my tour on January 11th 1981. The tour started in Canada, then we flew over to Europe, after we toured through Asia, came back to the States in July, where the tour finishes.