chapter 18

Michael never came to visit me at my photoshoot. Nor did he come to the next three. I would be lying if i said i wasnt bothered that he never came because it was a big step for me.

I have called him and he has told me how sorry he is and how busy he is. I brushed it off knowing that he has started working on a new album already and has probably not stopped. Meaning he hasn't gotten any sleep.

I walked down to Havenhurst around 10pm and made my way to the studio where i was more than sure Michael would be there. I opened the door and to no surprise, there he was. Sat in his chair, almost asleep. The door shutting woke his half asleep self up.

"Hey honey. What are you doing in here?" I said walking close to him turning on a light to brighten up the dull room.

"I-I um i was just working on a song for the new album. And we have another album coming out this year, so I have been busy. I'm sorry." He was stuttering and obviously tired.

"Why are you in here by yourself?"

"I just wanted some time away from my brothers." I sat down next to him, placing my hand on his thigh.

"Michael, when was the last time you slept?"

"Today, I had a nap for a few-" I stopped him mid sentence.

"When was the last time you slept in your own bed and slept for longer than 6 hours?"

He looked down at his lap. Guilty.

"A few weeks maybe?" He mumbled, fiddling with his fingers. I placed my hand on top of his, to stop his fidgeting. That made him look at me with some guilt.

"Honey, you need to get some sleep." I stroked his cheek and saw his very tired eyes. "Please come with me and have a full nights sleep."

I know he suffers from insomnia. He always had and always has had trouble with it. I felt so sorry for him that he couldn't enjoy something so simple and so necessary.

"Can you sleep with me? I always sleep better when you're next to me." We stand up and I lace my hand in his as we make our way to the main house.

"Of course I will baby." His walking made me want to cry. He was slow and it was like he couldn't see properly. As well as no sleep, he was working double what his body can take leaving him so weak. "Oh Michael, stop working so hard. You are draining yourself."

"I can't sleep when you aren't here so I just drain myself in work and it makes me less tired. But then it all hits me at once." He says sadly.

"I live less than five minutes away and I'm your girlfriend. Call me whenever you need me. I am always here for you." We walked into his room and he almost collapsed on the bed.

No wonder he didn't come see me at my photoshoots.

I went into my section of his closet to find a pair a pyjamas and grabbed some for Michael as well. I pass him his pjs that he slowly puts on before climbing under the duvet.

I don't waste time before I join him and interlink our legs and place my hand on his chest.

"Please try and get some sleep." I say before I reach to turn off the bedside lights.

"I'll try." He smiled weakly as I got comfortable in his embrace. He gave me a quick kiss, and then a slower one and then another one. I saw his smile in the glint of the moonlight before he closed his eyes and we fell asleep wrapped in each others embrace.

I could tell how tired he was because I woke up hours before him. I decided I needed to sort out his room. It was a mess. Clothes everywhere, records, books, you couldn't even see the floor.