chapter 14

1979
We were sat in our favourite place hand in hand, with my head on his shoulder. Blankets were covering us because of the sharp winds and tough breeze that was hitting us in the nights of the winter season. Watching the sun slowly set, we said goodbye to yet another beautiful day that was spent being right next to my boyfriend and in a few hours, it would be my 21st birthday.

I would be able to legally drink, so in favour of that, all my college friends were coming to mine tomorrow for a party. I have been begging for Michael to come but he keeps refusing, as he doesn't drink, or wants to ruin the secret of me actually personally knowing him.

I told him to wear a disguise, which he sometimes does, when he wants to go out, but he still doesn't feel comfortable in going. I have til tomorrow to convince him otherwise to come. He doesn't realise that him coming would make the night better. Everybody would just think he was a randomer and not a pop star. He would be coming for me. And not to impress or please anybody else.

"Please?" I ask out of the blue.

"Please? What for?"

"Come tomorrow."

"No."

"Why? I promise nobody will recognise you in a disguise. They will all be super drunk anyway even if they do see you without a disguise, they won't remember you in the morning." I look up at him to see him contemplating his options.

"I'll think about it." That was an improvement i guess. It wasn't just a straight up no. So i had nearly fully persuaded him since yesterday. I kissed his cheeks and he pulled me in closer to his chest to protect me from the wind.

The sky was beautiful tonight, red, orange and pink filled the skies whilst leaving a silhouette of the city below. The most beautiful place on the earth is, in my opinion, los angeles. The mix of beaches and towering buildings makes it just so perfect. The sun started to disappear into the horizon whilst the skies filled with stars. I could stargaze for hours.

Which we did.

Michael checked his watch and delicately kissed the top of my head and whispered "Happy birthday babe."

"Ooh is it my birthday now?"

"12 o'clock. You are officially 21 years old." He got out something from his pocket and handed it to me. "Here you go."

I carefully unwrapped the present and inside was a jewellery box. I opened it up and inside was a beautiful pair of small silver hoops. "Oh thank you so much they are beautiful." He takes them out of the box and clips them into my ears.

"No, you look beautiful wearing them." He tilts his head and caresses my cheeks. "You are just gorgeous Lucy. You would be a perfect model." I laugh a bit at such a surreal job that i would probably never be able to do in a million years.

"A model? Michael, models are beautiful with perfect faces, hair, bodies, i really don't fit into the standards." He looks at me in complete disagreement shaking his head.

"You really don't see your beauty do you? Your hair is long, thick and blonde, your features are perfect, your lips are full and i love kissing them, your eyes, i could drown in, your skin is smooth and soft. And Lucy, you have the perfect body. You stood in your bra and panties in my room and i couldn't take my hands off of you. You would be a perfect model. You would intimidate all your competition." I just laugh at his beautiful words of how perfect he thinks i am. I have my flaws but Michael doesn't see them. He just sees what he loves about me and i just see what i love about him.

"I love you so much." I say placing my hand on his cheeks whilst giving him a kiss.

"I love you more."