chapter 21

December 1980
For a celebration of starting my career, me and all the girls I had became friends with in the past few months organised a get away vacation for the next two weeks.

We had all payed for ourselves and were all really excited to have a blow out before the tour started in January. As we all came from all over the place, we organised to meet at the hotel once we arrived because we would all be getting there at different times.

Gia was in Philadelphia whilst Elle was in New York so we decided it would be best to go to florida. My flight was at 12pm and it was currently 8am.

I always left things to the last minute so here I was 4 hours before my flight trying to shove as much stuff in my bag that would fit. I needed to pack a lot of clothes for 2 weeks away so I decided to pack two bags and left my closet almost bare.

I grabbed my two suitcases and my purse and found Kevin who was stood outside by his car. He came and helped me with my bags as I jumped in the back.

"How are you Kev?" I ask.

"I'm doing well thanks, and yourself?" He replies.

"Yeah I'm excited. Are you excited to have 2 weeks off?" I laugh.

"I can't wait. You know I'm always on standby if you need anything. Just call me for whatever." He smiles.

"Thank you Kevin. I'll try not to call you though so you can rest." I say.

"I'm always here." He smiles.

The rest of the journey was just small talk about what we are both gonna get up to whilst being off work but soon enough we arrived at the airport.

I hopped on where I was greeted by Kate, then I just sat and read a novel i had bought the other day. I knew the flight would be boring without any company, so hopefully a murder mystery would keep me company instead.

The only thing I had had that day was my green smoothie which was so beneficial to my hair, skin and body. It honestly changed everything. I love them.

In the mornings I don't really have much of an appetite but I'd knew that we would get some dinner when we all met later. I dug into my book and hoped for a quick flight.

4 hours later I arrived at the grand looking hotel and headed to my room on the top floor. I would be sharing with Gia and Cindy, and the other three are in another room.

Once I grab my key off reception, I wander up to my room. There was only two rooms on the top floor, which were our rooms, so when I opened the door I wasn't shocked to see a massive grande penthouse suite.

"Wow" I whisper to myself.

But then I see Gia come out of her room smiling with a hairbrush in her hand. "You're here! I was kinda getting bored being the only one here." She runs up to me and gives me a hug.

"Are we the first ones here?" I ask.

"Yep, the rest don't get in until a few hours so what do you fancy doing?" She asks me pulling back.

"Shall we go grab a drink?" I ask.

"Yeah sounds good."

So the two of us head down, linking arms, laughing and chatting, making our way to the bar. We walk along the pathways, past the pools and find a bar and night club which we head in. The nightclub was bare and so was the bar but it was only the afternoon. We found two seats at the bar and ordered some shots to get started.

"Shots at 4 in the afternoon? I like you more and more every day Miss Rodriguez." Gia laughs as we down our tequila.

"Well it should get us sorted for the next few hours so we won't need a drink." I say laughing.