Memory

They sat next to each other chatting as if Callisto was invisible.
The maids awkwardly prepared meals for these two.
Anyone would ask how she could just casually do that? Bringing her lover into her husband's home wasn't enough, she brought him to the dining table too.

'Talking about manners…'
The maids glanced at each other sweating.

The lovebirds started eating and laughing, making unnecessary noise on the dinner table like kids who weren't raised properly. The maids sighed nervously as Callisto kept focusing on the papers in his hand.

"Daddy!" A little version of Callisto but sweeter running in with a smile.

Everyone turned their gazes to him as he made eye contact with a different face man who he had never seen before. Like a kid he is, Daniel asked his father.
"Who is that man… daddy?"

The maids bowed their heads in disbelief. They made their affair openly in front of a child at that... Callisto lifted Daniel and made him sit on his lap. He caressed the child's little ear then responded.

"Nobody. Daniel doesn't have to pay attention to him."

His answer made Jeremy shrug his shoulders. Primrose, who noticed that, got a little offended.

"His name is Jeremy."

"Take him and his meal to his bedroom." Callisto ordered the maids.

"Yes, your highness." They took the child from him then carried him out of the dining room.

After his child left, Callisto turned his cold gaze to the woman who acted like she did nothing wrong.

"You don't have to introduce your whore to my child." His voice sounded completely natural, it was as cold as ice but it burnt both the woman and man. She flinched at how arrogant he was, addressing her lover as a whore. Primrose hit the table as she stood up. Jeremy was clenching his fists.

"What the hell did you just say?! You asshole!"

"Do you really want me to repeat it again?" He glanced at the man who sat in silence then smirked.

"As if you didn't bring any bitches in here... haha! Don't act like you're a good father. You can't live without a clit either!" As angry as she was, she tried to insult him in the worst way possible.

"Right. But I never make them meet with my son neither does introduce them to him. So I suggest you, who aren't even his mother, to not introduce any of your whores to him."

"You bastard…!"

"You crossed the line, your highness." Jeremy interrupted his girlfriend to respond to her husband.
"I'm not doing that sort of work. If you just want to insult me, insult me with the truth."

Callisto raised an eyebrow in amazement as if finding the topic interesting.

"Well then, how should I insult you? Should I say that you're a cheap commoner who can't find a better job other than sticking around a wealthy woman?"

"Shut your trap!" Primrose scowled.

"We've been lovers for years for your information. I don't think your statement about me was right." Jeremy responded in a calm tone.

"You don't have to cover up for your pride since you never had one in the first place. Just accept the fact and go. I kind of understand you to be honest. It's okay to be desperate sometimes."

The enraged woman was about to yell her lung out again but was stopped by Jeremy. He held her hand as if telling her that he would like to deal with Callisto himself.