Dinner (2)

Creak.

"Callisto!"

As the shout glazed through the whole room, a couple of a married man and a single woman who was dining together both turned their gazes. The Duchess glared at the scene.

"What do you think people will say if this scenario leaks out!?"

"You can't just bang my door in, mother." Callisto wiped his lips elegantly as he affirmed in his natural tone.
"I'm busy, as you can see. I'd appreciate it if you take your leave right now."

Primrose smirked as she made eye contact with the woman she never knew about. But the smile didn't last long when the other party gave her back a soft yet wicked smile.

Sabrina got up from her seat, keeping the same smile on her face, she bent her knees, greeted both of them.
"Sabrina Sante greeting your highness the Grand Duchess and the former Duchess of Valentine. It is my pleasure to meet you both."

The Duchess took long steps ahead.
"How can you dine with a married man?"

"I am the one who invited the lady so I asked of you not to say anything funny, mother."

Wow. Primrose looked at the man. He does know how to protect someone's image? But there must be some benefits he got out of this. Thinking about that, she greeted Sabrina back but in an arrogant way.

"It sure is your pleasure."

"I think we should part ways here, lady." Callisto got up from his seat.
"I will walk you outside. I apologized for this intrusion. I shall make it up to you next time."

He lent Sabrina his hand. It made his mother raise an eyebrow in displeasure as his wife did in amusement. Sabrina took his hand.

"This wasn't an intrusion at all, my lord. It is rather my lucky day. How would I be able to meet the most respected people all in one time like this…? I couldn't even believe myself." She giggled at the end of her phrase before affirming to the two women.
"I shall take my leave now, your highnesses. With all due respect, I bid your highnesses wellness."

Right then, passed by them, he walked her out. The Duchess could just stand there in disbelief. She knew from the morning that he found her to his liking but she didn't know he already had the woman dancing in his palm. The Duchess brushed her sweaty forehead. He was really going to have that woman...

A few minutes later, the door opened as his large figure of a well grown man showed up. The Duchess lifted herself up instantly.

"You can't do that. You can't marry her."

Primrose, who had no idea what is what, could just sit there trying to catch a glimpse of the mother and son's fierce topic.

"I believe that my wife prefers the same." Callisto opened his lips as he fixed his collar.
"Even more so than me. She's dying to divorce me. Isn't it great that we reached the same conclusion? I fixed Ashton's situation as you have asked and I got what I wanted."

"What do you mean you got what you wanted??" Primrose.

"People who can't do business don't deserve to know."

"You moron…!"

Other than not being able to catch up with the divorce thing, she had another 'what he wanted' question running in her mind.

Callisto looked at her as if finding her naive and ridiculous. He put on the glasses that made him look more maturely handsome and gave her a shocking statement.

"Your parents made a deal with me so they could have you marry me. The conditions were me fixing and managing their assets for a while and them giving me 15% share of their hotel."

"What…" Primrose was thrown off a cliff.

"You really don't know anything at all, do you, my sweet wife?"

Primrose slapped the reaching hand away.
"How dare you bastard…!"

"Your parents offered it to me themselves. No one held them on gun point, Primrose. And I, too, quite like the offer."

"Bastard…"

Callisto gripped the back of her neck, forcing her to face him eyes to eyes, then smirked at the image in front of him. She didn't know, did she? That she looked like she was about to cry.

"You know? Rather than spending times cursing me and fucking your whore, you try do something useful for your parents for once like taking classes to manage their business? If you weren't this stupidly arrogant thinking you're all that because you carry the name of a high class lady, your parents' assets wouldn't be in the palm of my hands right now."

"Bastard…"

"Do you even know how useless you are? Do you even know what you exist for? I know you don't."

Her ego had been snapped into pieces. Primrose glared at the man as tears were about to fall. It was the very first time Callisto had ever insulted her for real. In the past, he always played along and threw sarcasm at her but right at the moment, he outright insulted her.

The Duchess wanted to break them apart but she didn't know how. As she was hesitant, the man continued.

"You think you're great on your own, don't you? You surely didn't know how realistically fragile you are. You're so weak and fragile that even idiots can snap you in half."

Primrose bit her lips to bleed. She was trying to hold her anger in and in the end, it resulted in her tears.

"Now cry and wake up. This is not a fairytale, Primrose Ashton."

"Callisto, you're being too harsh!" Shouted the Duchess.

"I'd like you to leave, mother. As husband and wife, we have to deal with our business privately."

"I won't leave unless you cut out your harsh words!"

"See?" Callisto put his forehead on hers.
"People babied you like a princess and it resulted in a useless and unaware of their surrounding brat."

"Get away from me." Her long nails dig into his flesh.

Callisto side eyed his mom and smirked.
"Won't you leave, mother? Do you want to see an incredible show? It's a very sadistic one because your daughter-in-law liked it a lot when I spanked her ass."