Unpleasant arrival

The breakfast went peacefully since Primrose was absent again today due to the conflict conversation she had with Eugene and Callisto from the morning. Nobody seemed to pay attention since it was already so normal to them that the couple hardly had breakfast together.
Callisto was sitting at the head table with Daniel sitting on his lap. They were talking and smiling like every single day.

The butler had entered and affirmed to him,
"Your highness, the letter said that his highness and her highness your parents, will arrive at dawn tomorrow."

Callisto didn't really pay attention to it as Eugene dropped her expression. She couldn't stay here any longer since his parents were coming back from their trip. They would see her as a nuisance since the marriage fell, but she kept silent.

"Nana and papa are back!" Daniel humped.

"You want to go back?" Asked Callisto.

"It seems so. I should visit again later…"

"Is mommy going back??" Daniel asked his mother with a sad eye.

"Yes, mommy's been here for so long…"

"Your mommy has her work to do too, so don't be an ignorant child and make it hard for her, hm?" Callisto made Daniel turn to him.

Even though he was having a droopy expression, the little boy nodded to his dad anyway.
"Okay…"

"That's a good boy."

"Mommy will come again, right?" He fastly asked his mom. Eugene smiled bitterly and responded.

"Yes. Mommy will."

"Okay…"

After the meal was done, Daniel went to his playroom with the maids. Eugene approached the man who was about to leave. He was in a suit. He was going to his meeting, surely enough.

"Callisto."

"What is it?"

Eugene gulped a few times before parting her lips.
"How can you do it with her? Doesn't she have a lover?"

"Since when does having a lover matter?"

"Then… the affair that woman said you had with her… was it true?"  

"Do I have to explain it to my ex?"

That word 'ex' hit her heart like a punch.
"No, you don't…"

"And you're asking?"

"Because it makes me doubt that the affair was true… you did sleep with her, right…?"

"Eugene Halter."

Eugene's body trembled at his strong call. She had never dared to speak to him informally other than calling him by his nickname. To ask and have him grimly call her name out like this made her heart weak, both in fear and pain. She whispered lightly as if she was about to cry.

"Please make it clear so I can clear my mind too. You have never made it clear to me before… you didn't answer me anything…"

"What if I say I fucked that woman?"

Eugene widened her eyes even though she didn't fully believe him. He was having his brows curled as if testing her limit.
"Did you…?"

"Ask my butler." He responded shortly and took his leave.

~

"It's true that his highness did something with her. As he is a very admired man by society, anyone will try to get a chance with him. His highness didn't really care about the women he was meeting just as you know, madam. She was one of the women he was meeting with regularly before your family made the proposal. But after the marriage, his highness had never met any woman. I can assure you of it. The nights he spent outside were because of his busy schedule."
Said the butler with an expressionless face.