Apology

Time passed by quickly and the deed session had come to an end. Callisto got off bed refreshingly like he had just woken up while the lady slept like a log. A robe placed on his large body as he stepped forward, approaching the bathroom.

Thirty minutes later, the man left in another robe. His hair was still wet as he walked quietly in the long hallway. Callisto looked magnetic in every angle. Perhaps, it was in his genes, both his parents, even his grandparents, all had exceptionally good looks. Daniel, too, got this genetic in him.

When he reached the door of Daniel's playroom, the maids guarding in the front bowed and informed the man.
"The former madam is playing with young mater, your highness."

He didn't say anything, just casually pushed the door in. The maids said they were playing but the pictures in front of him said the opposite. The whole room was too quiet for a child's play. Daniel with his big teddy was sleeping in the arms of Eugene who also fell into a deep sleep. Callisto pulled the door and asked the maids.
"Did he eat?"

"He did eat snacks, your highness."

"Prepare a meal for him."

"Yes, your highness."

Even though he showered Daniel with love from time to time, the child wasn't that spoiled. He had rules to follow. He had to learn everything Callisto did back in the day. Callisto's parents, too, weren't the type of parents who would not show their child love, he had been treated the way Daniel did from him. The difference between them was that young Callisto didn't like toys like his child or any other kids, he had that mindset of doing something 'useful' or not doing anything at all since he was a kid. He didn't like kids even though he was a kid himself. He would always distance himself from them or tell the maids to drive them away. Daniel, on the other hand, liked interacting with people. He liked making friends, playing stuff that kids usually like. He was a normal child unlike his father.

People in the house thought that Callisto wouldn't make a good father due to his dry and unique personality but turned out he made a really great one. He didn't force the child to be like him nor found it annoying. He let the child be himself and showed him love the way the child could feel it the most. The maids were worried but the expectation took a turn.

In fact, Callisto has never forced anyone to change, neither for him or themselves. He just casted them aside and replaced them. Eugene is a proof herself. She was helplessly insecure and had little trust in him, and did Callisto try to even prove her wrong? He did not. He let her feel the way she felt like. But if she had tried to communicate before taking her anger out on their son, the matter wouldn't get serious and Primrose wouldn't be living under this roof… and she could've been his wife until now.
He is a perfect ideal man for both women and men during the reign and that's scary, because the less flaw someone got, the less fuck they had to give.

Primrose, too, had become a living proof of Callisto not giving a shit about people's change. She got a lover? She is a spoiled princess? She hates him? The man literally said say no more and went with it. In reality, it was Primrose who had this thought of them being enemies since the very start. Callisto never cared about her. She wasn't so special to him that he had to think of her as an enemy.

Reaching the sleeping mother and son, Callisto took Eugene's hands off the child lightly and lifted him up.

"Daddy…?" The child opened his eyes murmuring.

"You have to take a shower and have dinner. You can go back to sleep then." 

"Yes, daddy."

"Good boy."

Callisto gave Daniel to the maids outside. Quietly, he approached the sleeping woman then carried her in his arms. Taking her to her bedroom, he placed the light body on bed. The handsome face didn't have any emotions. We didn't know what he did it out of… pity or affection, we knew nothing. When he was about to leave, a sob calling for him was heard in the silent space.

"Cal… Callis… I'm sorry. I didn't mean it… I was wrong… don't throw me away please…"
Her shaking hands were swaying in the air like she was desperately trying to catch something while tears soaked her face.
"I was wrong… please listen to me. I love you… I love Daniel… please… don't turn your back on me please... I was wrong. I'm so sorry…"

"..."
The room became quiet like a moment ago. She was still sobbing in her sleep but silently.

A few minutes passed and she got up hazily. Holding her throbbing head, she let out an in pain low moan.
"Ugh…"

"Go have dinner with Daniel if you're awake."

A firm tone took her by surprise but she was still half-asleep. Her mind hadn't completely worked at the moment. In the dark, with the light of an orange limp, Eugene lifted her face to find the voice's owner.

"Callisto…?" Slowly, she reached out to the man's face. She saw him sitting in front of her.

"Callis…" she called for him again, as if he was so far away.

"Callis."
The more she spat his name out, the more miserable it sounded.

"Is this a dream?" She asked herself. They hooked up and everything but he'd never given her a chance to cuddle him. The nights with him were nothing like lovers. Even though it didn't really matter and that any woman should expect this cold treatment from him, she was still upset. She loved him after all. It was only natural to feel that way and she couldn't even blame him for it… they were married because it was convenient and he never said that he would love her.

If this was real, there was no way he'd let her touch him like this. Eugene hugged the man's neck and rubbed her head on his cheek. She could do whatever she wanted in her dream. Her heart hurt so bad. The divorce papers that were given to her by the butler looked so vivid in her visions.
"I'm not a smart person… I couldn't let my head get the best of me… I let my emotions take action… I couldn't meet your expectations… I was wrong. She said she was that someone else I was always anxious about. I didn't know what to do. I was mad. I was scared and sad… and devastated… I felt so miserable, Cal… I thought I gave you a son and you still cheated… I didn't even know what to feel. I was wrong… I will never doubt you anymore… I will never believe anyone anymore… even if you don't love me, I will trust you this time. I was wrong… I'm so sorry… I really didn't mean to harm our baby… Cal."

Tears kept making their ways out of her closed eyes. While sobbing, her lips placed on his. He wasn't wrong for leaving her, it was Daniel's life on the line. She couldn't undone what she had done. She could only apologize again and again, hoping she would be given a chance to redeem herself. Hoping that he would believe in her again. Because after all, Callisto trusted her enough to give her a chance to destroy the little trust he had in her. She did it to herself, she couldn't blame anyone.