Visit (2)

"Cal…?"
Eugene looked bewildered as if not wanting to believe her eyes. He stood behind her with a hat on. Hurriedly, she turned around like a flash.

"I sneaked in. They don't know that I'm here yet. You're not dreaming."
Callisto took a step forward and brushed her wet cheek slightly with his fingers.

Eugene bursted out in tears in front of the man. He didn't respond to any of her letters.
"Argh…" she groaned to herself.

"I have so many things to do so let's not waste time." Callisto pulled her hand and walked her out the room.

The maids who walked down the hallways were too surprised to even say a word about the picture. The man who wasn't supposed to be here is here and holding his ex-wife's hand at that. Eugene herself didn't open her mouth or feel the need to ask him anything. She just wanted this man to take her far away from this place.
As they headed to the main temple in silence, a voice screamed out from their backs.

"Eugene?? Who—"

"Oh my god…! Callisto…!"

Eugene gritted her teeth, hearing the familiar voice. She didn't have to guess who it was. Callisto stopped his step and turned around, making Eugene hide behind his back.

"Oh my…! How did you come…" her voice suddenly became friendly.

"I was about to find you."

Eugene's mother looked a little puzzled and nervous. She tried to hide her fear and asked him in a soft tone.
"Really…? But Eugene is about to get married… why is she with you… she has to go the ceremony right now…"

"She said she doesn't want to get married."

"...you!"
She tried to glare at her daughter who hid behind her ex-husband's back.

"But it is natural to marry again… and you're the one who divorced her…"

"Yeah, that's why I came here today. I just want to care about my son's mother. Because how is she gonna explain to her son why she's married to a 60 years old folk later on when he grows up?"

The Duchess was a little stunned. Cal gave her his usual little smile.
"Please cancel this marriage and go find a lawyer for yourself right now because I'm suing you and your husband."

Both women were surprised. One with anxiety and one with relief. Eugene grabbed his shirt tight, she wanted to bury herself in him at the moment. Her heart beat so fast. She was so glad and grateful that he came.

"What do you mean…!"

"You'll have to ask your defender about that information. I will take my leave now, with the bride of course since she wishes to go with me."

"Wait… Callisto wait! …Please!"

Without a care in the world, he moved away with Eugene leaving the old wicked woman in shock and horror.

"Is it okay for me just to go like this…?"
Seeing the carriage from afar, Eugene asked. He could get sued for kidnapping a bride even if she agreed to go with him. Callisto smirked upon hearing her worry.

"Being rich is such a blessing, don't you think? Since I have plenty of it, I will just fix everything with it."

"..." Eugene chuckled a little when he said that.

They got in the carriage without any disturbance. Everyone probably is busy at the temple waiting for the bride that will never appear to come. The moment he sat himself, Eugene hugged him tightly with her head buried in his nape.

"Thank you, Cal… I could never thank you enough… thank you…"

Eugene cried again but on his laps this time since they got in the carriage now they can't possibly stand and talk. The man didn't say anything even when she started to kiss his nape skin. Looking right into his eyes with the perplexed and admired light in her pupils, Eugene put her lips on his.

It has been so long since she last felt his skin. The worries and heaviness she felt had gone almost completely in just a few minutes.
She wished she could be like him. To stand her ground strongly, educated, and powerful. She just realized herself that at the moment… that more than loving him, she admired and looked up to this man. She wanted to do something just as half good as what he has done with his business. That was enough.

"Cal…" whispering on his lips, she kissed him again.

The carriage started running and inside of that moving carriage was a couple of man and woman sharing intimate skin contact. Eugene sucked on his lips while her hand ran into his shirt by the space between his collar.

"..."
His lips tasted like wine. He must have been having a drink before he came to see her. Eugene thought as she backed her lips from his a little.

"I've been trying to find you a suitable man but it was a little too hard to find one."

When he said that, Eugene's face hardened a little.
"Are you really going to marry that woman…?"

"I'm considering it. Primrose Ashton is pregnant now."

"What…???" Eugene's heart dropped at her toes.
"Are you sure… that it's your child…?"

"Not certainly. We will just have to wait and see."

"What will you do if it's not your child? Will you take that child in as your own?"

"I don't think I like raising someone else's child, Eugene. If I were to raise another fool's sperm, I wouldn't have warned her about taking those oral contraceptives tea every time she slept with that fool."