Before His Parents come

"You heard about that, right, dear?" The Grand Duchess of Ashton asked anxiously to her stressed out husband.

"Our eyes said that Callisto constantly sees a young lady at business events. They interacted and chatted in friendly characteristics for quite a long time until they parted ways." She continued.

"Just what is he thinking…? Marriage to Prim happened just a month ago and now he's out here looking for a better potential woman." He sighed.

"He did mention that he will divorce at any moment possible but isn't this way too fast? Isn't he planning on saving us some faces? We can't do that. We must talk to their excellencies when they come back from the trip! If we stay still, Callisto will do whatever he wants without any consideration! He's already inconsiderate to anyone and anything as it is!"

"We must do that, surely, wife. But we must do something about Primrose first. Callisto did ask about her potential if she had taken any lessons in business. Prim is a smart girl. She will learn fast. If we create her potential, this marriage may last."

"No way… do you really think our daughter could beat someone who studied business for 9 years straight…? That's almost reached Callisto's level of majority…"

"She can't. But they're married now. Moreover, his parents will stand by us. No matter how influential Callisto is, his parents also play a big part in that household."

"That lady… knowing that he's married, still going her way to see him…"

"The royalty probably encouraged her so. She's a niece of the King. And the royalty likes money. Isn't it great to get married to the highest class businessman? If we were to have a son, they must have sent their young women around us too."

"This is so complicated…" the Grand Duchess swiped the stressed sweat on her forehead with a handkerchief.

"First of all, we must get rid of that leech. That moron staying around will only drag Prim to the dirt with him. Look at her now, she knows nothing other than living off our money and Callisto's. Is that a payback to us for spoiling that girl so much…?"

As the other party who had heard about the news from their eyes and noses, were stressed out about what motivation they should take, the cold wind brushed through the opened window of a dazzling bedroom at the Valentine's mansion. Eugene put her hand behind the back of his head, where his injury lay. She sucked his tongue and groove a way into his mouth. Her hand ran through the hem of his silky blouse and embraced the skin of a man.

For a moment, as her palm placed on his firm chest, she looked at him.

"Why did you want to divorce her? It's just been two months that you're married to her…"

"She's useless and refuses to learn."

"..." Eugene touched his head. He said that but it looked like he expected this to happen. He must've known beforehand it was going to end up like this. Maybe it was like he said, he agreed to the marriage because it was convenient to his business.

"This marriage, other than being a mother to Daniel for the public image, was a raise to our marketing."

Surprisingly, Eugene understood what he said. Perhaps, his statement could be advantageous advice to her, who would be taking part in business very soon, Callisto kept talking.

"It was to help the Ashton family's situation and we, who are their ally, get the profit from it as well. It's a win-win situation."

"..."

"Remember, Eugene. Businessmen challenge each other in marketing. They are enemies who would hold hands when necessary. It's not due to sympathy but the benefits they will get from each other. They will hold cooperation while challenging each other's stocks and quality. In this world of business, friends and enemies are mixed in one. There's no real friends nor real enemies. We don't work with emotions either. You'll get taken advantage of if you have sympathy for someone." He brushed the hair that fell on her face away and continued.
"And nobody will cry with you. A coward is someone who let their feelings get the better of them."

His words about feelings were heart wrenching but Eugene couldn't say or do anything about it at all. He was right. As a businessman, everything he said, there was not a false point.

"...when did you meet that lady?"

"There's no point in you knowing when and who I meet."

Hearing that right, instead of wording anything more to him, she started kissing him again and rubbed her body on his. Even though she was clinging to him all over, she didn't plan on doing anything. He needed rest.

Callisto, on the other hand, closed his eyes, letting his former wife wander on top of him defenselessly as his parents' arrival was delayed for some road problems.