Complicated Situation

"Did you see the marriage proposals? Have you read them yet?" Asked a 40 years old woman to Eugene, who sat there with a book in her hand.

"I burnt them already."

"What!? Are you stupid? There's a lot of richer noblemen who want to marry you even though you're a divorced woman! And you burnt their proposals down!? Are you out of your mind!?"

"I didn't want to get married yet. I wanna study."

"Please. I know you're hung up on Callisto! That man divorced you for your own stupidity! He's even married again! Don't you feel ashamed!?"

Eugene clenched her fist, holding back the hardened feeling she held after being insulted.
"Please leave my room now."

"I will give you to the Duke of Donald!"

Eugene, who tried to stay calm, jumped in anger and disbelief.
"He's a 60 years old man! He's older than you, who is my mom!"

"It doesn't matter. He's the richest among them all! You don't have time to choose after you fucking ruined your own marriage with Callisto!"

"Can't you cut it out already!!! I'm tired of you! Seriously! Can't you stop blaming me for everything!!?? I didn't want it either! I am in love with him! Do you think I really want to ruin my marriage with the man I've always dreamt of and love!??! I can't control it! It's not what I want!!!"

Holding her tears back thinking about his words about her parents, Eugene's lips trembled. They were planning on selling her off to some old franion chaps. It hasn't been a month since Callisto brought it up…

"Really? He dumped you, you idiot!"

Eugene let out a dry laugh as if finding everything ridiculous. 
"Funny enough I trust the man who dumped me more than you."

Callisto nodded and bent his back on his seat.
"You seem to have misunderstood one thing, mother. The fact that she could be pregnant doesn't mean I wouldn't divorce her. I can do it like my past marriage."

"I won't let that happen. The divorce. Give up on that girl and start to focus on improving Primrose instead. That's what you will do."

"Can you really do that?" He curled his eyebrows with a smile.
"For your interest, Lady Sante doesn't seem to mind being my second wife and I have no problem taking in another girl and making her mine." 

"Ha… Cal, listen to your mom please."

Ignoring his mother's whimper, he lifted his overflowing attractive body up and stated.
"Shall we see if my wife's pregnant?"

Primrose couldn't sit still waiting for the result along with her detested husband, parents in-laws, and the physician. She has no symptoms of pregnancy or whatsoever, she shouldn't be bearing one, right? Seeing it like that, the woman was still feeling uncomfortable since the chances are high-key.

The physician, who was checking her pulse let go of her hand and bowed his head affirming people in the room about the urgent news they were waiting to know.
"Her highness is really pregnant."

The statement gave everyone, except for Callisto, different emotions. The Duchess almost jumped in victory and ecstasy meanwhile Primrose clenched her fists.
"That's some good news!" She covered her mouth excitingly as Prim bit her own lips tightly.

"See? I told you!" Said the Duchess to her husband and son.
"How many weeks is it???" She asked the physician.

"I think it has been 4 or 5 weeks already, your highness. Moreover, I'm not so sure about this matter but I felt the heartbeat is quite strong despite being just a few weeks… I was wondering if it's twins…"

"Woah. Really? Good! I must let Ashton know about this great news!" As the Duchess was all excited, Primrose could feel her heart beating in a very unpleasant feeling but she tried to hold it in. She didn't want to have his child but despite what they've been doing in bed together, it was no surprise this thing happened.

The Duke turned to Callisto, who sat not too far away and asked.
"Now what do you think about your divorce?"

"You should ask of my wife's decision, father, isn't that so?" He questioned back in a natural tone like his usual self.

Primrose stole a glance at his face. He didn't look surprised, happy, nor even sad… it was like he heard some casual news that was published in the newspapers he did read every single day.

"What do you think, Primrose?"

"I will think about it. I need some space right now." Because at the moment, it felt like she was stuck in a wall. Jeremy, the name of the man she loved, flew into her perplexed mind.

"We will leave now. Take some rest, okay?" The Duchess comforted before taking her leave with the Duke. Callisto, too, got up from his seat to leave and said nothing.

The moment they all left, she hugged her own head and laid down worrily. She didn't know what to say to her lover, they didn't even make up yet after all these fights because of her nights with Callisto. They have been looking at each other's toes since that day and at the moment she needed to inform him about her pregnancy with another guy? Prim gritted her teeth and cursed Callisto in her head.

"It's all that bastard's fault…"