Awkward Breakfast

[Present.]

Unexpectedly enough, the former Valentine's head had arrived at midnight. And since they were undoubtedly tired because of the long trip, the couple went straight to rest.

Eugene, on the other hand, woke up on Callisto's bed alone since the owner had gone to finish his shower. After she was all prepared for her leave, Eugene who had not a single clue that his parents came back bumped right into them in front of the dining room's entrance.

She almost felt like her heart dropped. The old but classy couple were giving her a look of doubt in their eyes. It made her uneasy.

"Your excellencies…" She didn't want to panic but her voice was already trembling.

"What are you doing here, Eugene?"

"I…"

"She came to see Daniel."

Someone cut her words and it was nobody else other than her ex husband, the in charge head of Valentine for these days.

Hearing that, the Duchess sighed and responded.
"I understand about Daniel but will it be okay for you to be having your ex-wife over when you're already married again?"

Callisto, in his casual clothes, smirked.
"Your new daughter-in-law has her side dick living here too, mother."

The Duchess widened her eyes as the Duke turned away, finding all of this unbearable.

"You should act on your records! You're the husband, you have rights to get him away from your wife, Cal!"

"I don't have a problem with my wife letting some dudes give her stamina services. That's so expected from your favorite high class noble lady."

"Are you provoking me right now?" The Duchess blurted out in annoyance to her one and only son.

"Eugene, you should go." Looking right at his mother's face, he told her to go.

Eugene Halter, obeying her ex husband's command, made a bow to the other two people and left awkwardly. It was too uncomfortable for her to bear. The looks that told on their faces they didn't like her and everything, it made her chest uneasy.

"You slept with her again, didn't you?" The Duchess blurted another question right after Eugene left. She took rush steps to him and continued in a strong tone of unapproving.

"You're married and Primrose is your wife now! You can't just sleep with your ex-wife every single time she seduces you as if it's nothing!"

"If it's not her then it's some high class prostitutes you always see on the way out."

"Hah! What the hell are you thinking right now? I can't even rest easily after such a tiring trip!"

"Since you're back and already talking about this matter of my marriage, I have something to let you two know too."

"What is it?" His father finally opened his mouth.

"I will divorce Primrose Ashton."

"WHAT!" The Duchess snorted out all surprise and disbelief.
"Callisto!"

"I did what made this marriage happen."

"What are you thinking?" His father asked once again.

"Sabrina Sante. I want that girl. I'm tired of dealing with stupid rats."

"Is she even any better than Primrose!?" His mother roared again.

"In many ways."

"I don't believe it! I won't let you do as you please!"

"Dear…"

"Listen to him, darling! I can't believe this child!"

Callisto's dad glanced at him.
"You can't just divorce. Your marriage, it's not even a year yet."

"I have decided."

"Do it for our sake. Are you gonna make your parents not be able to look at the Ashton straight in the face?"

"Should I just make Sabrina Sante my 2nd wife? What do you think? Primrose Ashton is still by my side like mother wanted."

"Don't be ridiculous!"

"Callisto, we just arrived, let's not ruin the mood right in the morning." The Duke tapped on his shoulder and turned to his wife.
"Calm yourself down, dear. Let's have breakfast together with Primrose too."

~

At the long dining table, everyone had their presence. Callisto, sitting in his usual chair as the head, focused on his food silently just like the Duke.
The Duchess, who was trying to make the atmosphere bright a moment ago, looked at them in displeasure, because every single time she talked, nobody responded a damn word.

Primrose, too, became awkward when the Duchess was being friendly to her. They met twice and that was it. She didn't know the Duchess would be so friendly towards her.
His father, on the other hand, gave off a little vibe like Callisto. Quiet, sharp and intimidating, but she believed that, unlike Callisto, who appeared to be more bold and wicked, the Duke was gentle on the inside.

But the problem is this awkward situation. She almost felt suffocated for the first time.

"Callisto, what's wrong with your head?" Finally, the Duke said something. The mention of the bandage wrapping around his head got everyone's attention.

Callisto sipped his coffee and responded.
"Some accidents happened."

"Did someone do it?? Who is it!?" The Duchess.

Ignoring her question, Callisto got up from his seat.
"I'm going to work. I don't think I'll come back tonight so you don't have to wait for my return for dining, mother."