Stupid

I asked her where she got the newspaper from. She said that her mom was a police officer and she was working on unsolved homicide. I looked at my mother one more time and the next thing I knew I was in a hospital bed with my father next to me looking at the newspaper. He looked at me and asked where I got the newspaper from, I didn't reply, instead, I asked him if that was really my mother. He didn't answer, instead, he said that he was tired of getting pulled out of work to come to check on me and that I must stop being weak and I should deal with my own problems by myself and bring others into them.

I was surprised that he said that in front of the doctor, cause he was always the type of man who cared about his reputation. I had no words. I knew that he never cared about me or anything I did, but I never thought he would stoop so low and tell me I was weak, cause he made me this way. I couldn't hold back my words, "I'm sorry Dad, I'm sorry that you made me weak, I'm sorry that my heart can't take the fact that you or anyone does not give a damn about me, day after day I cry alone, scream so loud and I know that you can hear me and what makes me sadder is the fact that you don't have the nerve to see why I'm this way but you do have the nerve to tell me that your sick of me and my problems when you don't even know my problems, I'm saying this from the big black hole in my heart, your the worst father in the universe and I'm ashamed to call you my father."

The room fell silent. I didn't regret any word I said, I felt free and my chest felt like a weight had been lifted off my shoulders. But the look on my father's face brought all that weight right back. He was looking at his phone and had no reaction to what I had said. My blood boiled. And without thinking, I got up from the bed and slapped my father. He didn't slap me back, he just said that slap had no force whatsoever, and with that, he left with the room.

I stood there in shock. My father is heartless.