Bruised ego

I watched as Rocky walked in with her long black hair and blue eyes. All eyes were on her as she walked up to a person that I have never seen before and punched her. Rocky's face was bruised and her eyes were full of rage. They started fighting and it was my first time seeing Rocky get beat up and badly. She was lost horribly. Her face was covered in her own blood. "Hey, what was that? Since when do you lose a fight?" she knocked twice on the table and the bartender gave her a shot. "My parents are getting a divorce," she said as she took the shot and ordered another one, "And I was just getting some anger out before I see them again  and say something I would regret." She said as she left the bar.

It was in the morning so I had to go to school. I had a shot and left. School was another place where I didn't feel like I belong. All I did was smile and pretend to be happy. I never really felt happy anywhere except for the bar with all the other lost souls. It filled a void in my back heart that no one at school or at home could ever fill. And school was a place of nightmares. Some people looked at me as if I was Pinix that just raised from the ashes, just because they see that I have friends now, some still looked at me like I was just the daughter of a wealthy businessman,  others looked at me like I needed help. I was in the lavatories when a group of girls came in, " You think we don't see how you look at Hunter, but sweetie we see. And his not into you so lay off him. Got it?" Looked at them and grinned, "And if I don't? What are you going to do? You all think you're fooling everyone with that pretty face but I see pasted your makeup and...um, it's not something Hunter would ever want to look at." I chuckled. They grabbed me against the wall and went one by one punching me in the face. " Now, remember this: your lucky that I can't  knock you out in the toilet, but your luck will run out sooner than you think." I gave her a big smile and said, "We'll see about that."

But little did I know she meant what she said. I was walking home when Nancy (the girl's name)  and her friends surrounded me. " I said I couldn't knock you out in the toilets but I never said anything about outside the toilets. "  Oh.  Nancy, you couldn't knock me out if your life depended on it." They got closer and started kicking me around.  I let them have fun with me and then defended myself,  they fought like girls so I  went easy on them and they ran away. "Come on girls let's go."

I got home with a bruised face

I got home with a bruised face. And they got home with bruised egos.