CHAPTER 6

A year later,
June 17, 20XX

Ara went to the shelves with various snacks and put the new one from the box on them.

It has been almost two years since she got a job as a convenience store worker at Snack Bar which quite far from Seoul. Since the night she almost died, she promised herself to stay alive and led a normal life.

It was hard for her for the first few months after letting go of her dream to be a singer. However, it was not a bad choice anyways as she enjoyed her new life more than she did back then.

She still suffered insomnia every night but it was lessen down a bit and she could sleep comfortably for few nights. Since she got it after her parents died, it would be more worse on their death anniversary as she cried her heart out and could not close her eyes for the whole night.

At Snack Bar, Ara worked as a full-time worker with a college boy, Donghyun who worked as a part-time. They surprisingly became close to each other since his first day work.

"Noona!!"

The cheerful voice as well as the bell sound from the door were heard simultaneously. Ara still focused with her work as she knew who was coming.

"Where are you, noona?"

"At the second row,"

Donghyun quickly ran to Ara and back hugged her. Ara smiled by his cute behaviour.

"What do you want, Donghyun-ie?" asked Ara.

She turned to face Donghyun after he released the hug. His face showed everything.

"She accepts me!!" said Donghyun, slightly scream.

"Wait! You confess to her today??" replied Ara in shock.

"Yes!! And she said yes!!" Ara quickly hugged him.

"Oh, gosh!! You are not single anymore, my baby," teased Ara.

"I'm not your baby, noona. I'm 20 now," pouted him.

Ara laughed at his cute expression.

"I know. You are a grown up man now," she patted his head softly.

"Are you going to sing again tonight?"

Ara smiled faintly. It has been a week since she stopped busking. When her boss, Mr Song knew she used to be a trainee, he encouraged her to do busking outside the store.

It's not only helped the store to be well-known by others but she also could enjoy her hobby to sing again. However, she stopped doing it since last week because of her cold.

"Maybe...I will think about it later on," said Ara.

"Oh, come on, noona. I know you want to," persuaded Donghyun.

"If they still tried to cast you, just ignored them like you always did," added Donghyun.

Since she started the busking, there were few companies that tried to cast her to be an idol but she refused all of them. For the first company, they casted her to be in a girl group. As she experienced worse during her training period, she rejected them.

When the second company tried to cast her as well, she rejected their offer even though they wanted her in the band group.

There were also different companies that kept casting her for the same reason and she rejected them every time. She kinda hate to be in the group.

"Okay..." replied Ara.

"Change your clothes first. We have so many things to do," ordered Ara.

As they got few boxes of new stock for their store, it was crowded at the backstore.

"Alright, noona!"

》》》》》

Ara has thought about Donghyun's suggestion thoroughly. She decided to continue with busking again for the next night.

Since morning, she has brought her guitar along with her. Donghyun who noticed it, was excited to see his noona singing again.

"Thank you. Please come again," said Ara after taking care of her last customer before going outside.

"Are you going now?" asked Donghyun while changing the receipt roll in the cash machine.

"Yes, it's my usual time anyways,"

Ara grabbed her guitar and went outside the store. Some people who familiar with her did busking every night were more than excited to see her again after a week.

"I'm back again for tonight," said Ara cheerfully with the clap sound of others in the background.

She started playing her guitar and singing like she always did. It was the best moment of her life to sing in front of people even though it's just a small group.

After an hour, she thanked everyone who came to see her and put her guitar back into its case.

"Excuse me. May I have a talk with you for a while?"

The voice that came from the back made Ara stopped her action and turned around. There stood a young woman in her last 20s with corporate coat wrapped her body.

"Err...yes. Anything I can help you with miss?" asked Ara, still in confusion.

"Maybe it is so sudden but..." she stopped for a while.

"I want to cast you,"

By hearing that word, Ara's expression changed. She sighed and continued with her halted action earlier.

"If you want me in a girl group or girl band, I'm sorry but I'm not interested. You are the five one I will reject for this year," said Ara without looking at the young woman.

"I'm not casting you for that,"

Before Ara could leave her, the last word that came out of her mouth stopped Ara.

"What do you mean?" Ara turned to look at her.

"I'm Miss Kim Hyeri, vice president of LIGHT Ent,"

Ara still focused to hear her next word and it quite shocked her when the famous company of LOVE was tried to cast her.

"I have seen you since your first day of busking,"

"Oh, you did," replied Ara in tiny.

"I want to cast you to be our first soloist in the company,"