five

HYEJIN WINCED ONCE SHE FELT HERSELF slowly regaining her consciousness. She felt like her insides were on fire, but she also felt something different from her body. It was as if something inside her opened that it gave her the energy to open her eyes and look around.

"Young lady Hyejin." She heard Maidservant Kim's voice.

Even though she felt weak, she managed to find the strength to look at her. "K-Kim Doju.." She said in a low voice.

A tear left the older woman's eyes once Hyejin called her name, "Agasshi.." She muttered before holding her hand, "You had us all worried there."

Hyejin managed to crack a small smile at that, she was about to ask her where she is when flashes of what happened earlier filled her mind. That girl.. Naksu poisoned us! She thought before looking around in panic, "Jang Uk." She was about to sit up when Maidservant Kim stopped her by placing her hand on her shoulder.

"Young Master Jang is fine." She assured her, "He woke up a few minutes earlier than you."

Hyejin winced before looking around, "Where is he?" She asked.

"He went to the secret room to fetch Mudeok." Maidservant Kim answered, "He is already hurt, and as pale as snow. He shouldn't be moving right now, and so should you." She sighed, "I will go and get him, please stay here, Young Lady."

Hyejin was hesitant, she wanted to go and yell at his brother for giving her the damn cup. But suddenly, Naksu's words popped on her head. "Open their gate of energy, or else, they will die." That made her widen her eyes. Kim Doju was about to leave the place when Hyejin spoke, "How did we survive?"

The older woman turned around and faced her, "Pardon?"

"How did Uk, and i survived?" She asked, "Before i lose my consciousness, i heard that maid refused to tell the leader what kind of poison we ingested. So how did we survive?"

Maidservant Kim sighed at that, "Young Lady.. Master Heo opened you gate of energy." She replied, which made her heart raise.

"He.. He did?" She questioned, and Kim Doju nodded her head as a response. "Wow.. I can't.. I can't believe that he will really do it."

Kim Doju nodded her head, she was about to say something when Hyejin beats her to it. "Please get Uk, he needs to rest to." She said.

"Of course, Young Lady." Kim Doju gave her a soft smile before walking out of Sejukwon.

Once Hyejin was sure that Doju was already far from the hut, she forced herself to sit. She winced as she felt a pain in her chest but she ignored it. If Uk really did go to the secret room to get Mudeok, then by this time, she was sure that he was already on his back here.

A small smile curled on her lips once she succeeded on sitting, now all that is left to do is for her to stand up and walk away from her. She takes a deep breath before putting pressure on her right foot, "Alright, this should be easy." She muttered before standing up to her feet, and her eyes widened once she felt herself wiggle.

It's a good thing that she managed to hold on to the bed, because if it wasn't for it, she would fall with her face flat on the ground.

After a few more minutes of trying to stand, she finally succeeded. She head towards the door before sliding it open, but just as she did, the force that she used made her lose her balance. She winced once she felt herself falling with her face first, she closed her eyes and waited for it to happen and her brows furrowed once her face landed on something hard.

But Hyejin knew that it wasn't the floor. She slowly opened her eyes once a familiar smell filled her nostrils, was that.. Expensive perfume? She slowly looks up and her breath hitched once she came face to face with Sang Ho. "Sang Ho.." She called in a low voice.