thirty three

👀

A WEEK HAVE PASSED SINCE THE ice stone was revealed. A lot of things have happened since then. Jin Mu was now being hunted for his crimes of performing the alchemy of souls and using it to shift the soul of the queen to Shaman Choi. Dang-gu, and Choyeon have announced their engagement and their wedding is going to be held soon.

Hyejin was on her way out of the Jang house old to head to Songrim when Maidservant Kim suddenly entered the house with tears falling off her eyes. She rose up her brow and was about to call her when Maidservant Kim went straight inside the stockroom.

She gulped as she wondered the reason why she was crying. Her face was filled with confusion before she decided to approach her. She moved towards the room before peeking her head on the side of the door, "Kim Doju?" She called.

Maidservant Kim snapped her head up once she heard her voice, she gulped before wiping the tears off her face immediately, "Young Lady Jang." She muttered, "What is it?"

Hyejin pouted before walking inside the room and sitting beside her, "I should be the one who should be asking that question, Maidservant Kim." She said, "Why are you crying?"

Maidservant Kim sobbed, "It's nothing." She responded as tears were starting to pool on the side of her eyes again.

Hyejin grimaced, something clearly happened. She thought, she was about to respond when Uk's voice echoed through the room, "You were here." He said, causing the two ladies to turn back and look at him. His eyes widen once he noticed how red, and puffy her eyes were. "Maidservant Kim, are you crying?"

"Of course not. Why would i?" She lied.

Uk winced before sitting beside Hyejin, "You are crying. Who made you cry?" He asked before sending Hyejin a questioning look, and the only response he got from her was a shrug. "Seeing you cry breaks my heart."

Maidservant Kim sighed, "I am just jealous." She reasoned, "Young Master Park is getting married before you do. I am just jealous and upset."

"There is no need to feel that way. I will get married soon too." Uk smiled at her.

Hyejin furrowed her brows before she snapped her head at him, "You are?" She asked.

"I am." Uk confirmed, earning a gasp from her.

"Have you finally decided to marry someone?" Maidservant Kim asked as she has the same look as Hyejin.

"Yes, so there is nothing to be sad about." He replied before handing her a handkerchief.

"Then i should just keep these here." Maidservant Kim said, referring to the wedding gifts that he received last time.

While the two of them are conversing about Uk's sudden engagement, Hyejin was still processing the fact that her twin was getting married to the shadow assassin, Naksu. She knew that they were together but she did not think that they will reach the point where they finally decided to settle down.

She glanced at her brother, she wouldn't deny the fact that he was happy for him, but apart of her was worried that the day will come where Mudeok will run wild and Uk will be forced to choose between killing her or keeping her alive by feeding her the energy that she needs to survive. And she knows that if that happens, then it would be impossible to keep it a secret.

A soft sigh left her lips as she decided that it's best if she keep her thoughts to herself for now. She can just ask him after Dang-gu's wedding. After all, it's not like Ukw ill leave her, "But who could it be?" Maidservant Kim's voice brought her back to reality, "There has been no woman around you."