twenty

THE NEXT DAY ARRIVED AND HYEJIN finds herself at the library with Hwang Soo, she was reading the book that he gave her yesterday. It was a book that contains a few of his family's spells.

"I would've showed you how to do it, but im still learning too." Hwang Soo told her, "My father said it was easy, but we both know that all of the adults think that."

Hyejin chuckled, "Don't worry, you letting me borrow this book is more than enough." She assured him, "I don't even know how to thank you, i mean. You could say that this book is really important to your family and here you are, letting me borrow it."

"Well, if my fellow mage needs my help, then who am i to refuse?" He said.

Hyejin shakes her head in amusement, "How long do you think it will take for me to learn this?" She asked.

Hwang Soo shrugged, "I've been learning that spell for months now and im still stuck on the part where i need to morph my energy into a blade." He responded, "So i really can't say. But seeing as you mastered Jipsu, and Ryusu in just a blink of an eye? If you're luck is still with you, then you'll master that in a month."

"My father mastered it for five months, my grandfather did it for three." He added, "And here i am, on my fourth month."

"Im sure you'll do it in no time." Hyejin cheered him up.

"I wish." Hwang Soo muttered, "But may i remind you to go easy on yourself. Hwangyong is a tricky one, you could pass out if you overexert yourself."

Hyejin nodded, "Of course, i'll be sure to take a few breaks before starting again." She told him before glancing on her right, a smile curled on her lips once she saw Sang Ho on his way downstairs. She turns her gaze back to Hwang Soo as she closed the book, "Thanks for this again, Soo, but i have to go now."

Hwang Soo looks up, "This soon?" He asked, "Where are you going? Do you want me to walk with you?"

"Oh, no, i'll be fine." Hyejin responded, "I'll see you soon." She gave him a small smile before running downstairs to catch up on Sang Ho.

"Wait, when can we do this again?" Hwang Soo asked but it was already too late as the girl had already disappeared from his sight. A sigh left his lips as he sat back on his chair.

---

After seeing Hyejin with the same mage that he saw her with that night at Chwiseonru, Sang Ho never walked as fast as he did right now. He practically walk downstairs as if he was silently chasing someone.

He didn't know why but seeing them together and Hyejin laughing like that because of that mage made him feel like he was a child getting jealous over another children that has the toy that he wants but can't have.

Jealousy? That thought alone made him scoff, why would he feel jealous? It was ridiculous, why would he feel that way, especially for his student? It was confusing him, it all started that night when she was poisoned and he decided to visit her.

That was where it all started, and until now, he doesn't know the reason why. Or maybe he does, and he just don't want to accept it. How could he? Jang Hyejin was the youngest daughter of the gwanju of Cheonbugwan, her mother was the granddaughter of Master Heo Yeom.

And he's just the right hand of the leader of songrim, he knew that she deserves someone better. Someone who would never hurt her.

Because that's exactly what he would do if he followed Lord Park's order.

And as if the Gods were playing with him, he heard her voice calling his name. "Sang Ho!" But he didn't stop. Instead, he fasten his pace in hopes that she wouldn't keep up, but she did.