sixteen

IT WAS ALMOST TWO IN THE AFTERNOON when Hyejin arrived at Songrim, she was still feeling a bit nauseous but it's bearable now. She entered Jeongjingak and went straight to Master Park's office.

A guard bowed his head in respect once he saw her, "Are you here for Lord Park?" He asked.

"Yes, is he inside?" Hyejin responded, the guard nodded his head before opening the door for her.

Park Jin, who was signing a few papers looks up once he heard the door opened. His brows raised once his eyes landed on Hyejin. "You wanted to talk to me, My Lord?" She bowed her her in respect.

"Ah yes." He replied before he motioned for her to sit, "I heard that you have read the Words of The Heart."

Hyejin smiled, "I did."

"I also heard that you went straight to Chwiseonru after accomplishing it." Park Jin added.

"I was just delighted that i accomplished the task that you've given me, My Lord." Hyejin told him, "Im sorry if it upset you."

Park Jin nodded his head, "In that case, im happy for you."

Hyejin raised her brows in shock, "You are?"

Park Jin hummed, "Reading that book took years for others while it only took you few days to read it, and because of that, i will keep my promise, you are free to do whatever you want, whenever you wish." He told her while his lips curled into a soft smile.

Hyejin can't help but smile at that, "Thank you, My Lord." She said before bowing her head as a sign of respect, and gratitude.

"Though i have one last question before i dismiss you." Master Park said, and Hyejin urged him to continue by nodding. "I heard from Sang Ho that Master Lee once visited you, and that is a day before you read the book. Why did he visit you?"

Her eyes twitch at sudden mention of the man, of course, Yeon Chul would tell Sang Ho, and Sang Ho would no doubt tell Park Jin, "You know that Uk lived at Danhyanggok for a bit, and the hut that he, and Mudeok stayed while they were there belonged to Master Lee." She explained. "Uk never failed to mention me to him and how i had just began my training."

"The only reason why Master Lee visited me was solely to know who i am." Hyejin added, "I actually thought it was Uk who sent him, but he cleared that and said that he came to Songrim on his own terms."

Park Jin narrowed his eyes as he knew that what she said wasn't the full story, "Is that all, Hyejin?"

"Well.." Hyejin scratched the back of her neck, "He also offered to be my master."

"What?"

"Yes, he did." Hyejin pouted, "But i said no, i heard that in order to be his pupil, they had to be like him. They have to drink chaste tea, and lose their libido. I.. I don't want that." She shook her head quickly.

Park Jin furrowed his brows in confusion as he couldn't think of a reason why Master Lee was so interested in them, "Did he say anything about the reason why he wanted you to be his pupil?" He asked, and Hyejin shook her head. "Alright.. You can go now."

"When should i start my training again?" Hyejin questioned.

"You had finished the basic education, i suggest that you take a few days off." He replied before turning his focus back to what he was doing earlier.

Hyejin furrowed her brows, "A few days off? From what i heard, a mage should proceed to learning spells immediately after finishing the basic education."

Park Jin looks up, "You should be thankful that i am being considerate right now." He said.

"But Master Pa--."