zero

THE HALLWAYS OF THE SEO HOUSE OLD was lit with a path of lanterns that was hanging on the ceilings. The guards that were still awake and bowed their heads in respect with a mixture of fear as the raven haired beauty walked past them.

She didn't even cast them a single glance as she kept her head up and head towards the main halls with confidence.

Three years have passed ever since Jang Hyejin came to Seoho fortress with Seo Yul. It was shock to everyone when the girl stepped out of the boat with him, even General Seo Il was surprised to see her. After all, it has been a decade since Hyejin visited the fortress.

But the news of what happened back then already spread around the country like a plague, though Hyejin was considered as a traitor for keeping Naksu's soul shifting incident a secret, the Seo family welcomed her with open arms. Because they don't want to consider themselves a hypocrite. After all, their son also took part in hiding it.

The once vibrant, and joyful Hyejin was replaced by a cold, and mean one. Though she was nice to the people who took her in despite the tragedy that happened three years ago, those who doesn't know her sees her as a heartless person. But if there was something that hasn't changed, it was her sarcasm.

General Seo turns his head towards the door when it opened, a small smile curling on his lips once his eyes landed on Hyejin. "Ah, Hyejin.." He greeted as his wife, and son glanced at her direction as well.

The girl gave him a small smile as she approached him, "General Seo." She greeted back before glancing at his wife, "Lady Seo."

"Are you ready to leave, Hyejin?" General Seo asked, and Hyejin nodded her head as a response. "The journey back to Daeho will take atleast three days, we know how impatient you are, but it is the fastest way."

Hyejin let out a soft chuckle, "As long as i don't spend those three consecutive days with Seo Yun Oh. Then im perfectly fine with it, Lord Seo." She responded.

General Seo shared a knowing look with his wife, "Im afraid you are, my dear." Lady Seo told her, "But if you want, we can hitch you another ride. Though it will take a week for that to happen."

Hyejin pouted, "It's fine, Lady Seo." She muttered before glancing at Yul who stayed silent ever since she arrived, "As long as Yul is with me, then i can ignore his uncle's unneeded presence."

"In that case." General Seo glanced at his son, "Be sure to accompany her until you arrive in Songrim, Yul."

Yul gave his father a small nod, "I will, father." He assured him before glancing at Hyejin, he shakes his head in amusement once he noticed the smirk that was slightly shown on her lips.

"Yun Oh might be unbearable sometimes, but he's harmless." Lady Seo told her, "I will make sure to tell him to leave you alone, Hyejin."

"There is no need for that, Lady Seo." Hyejin smiled at her, "I can manage, but thank you for the offer though."

"You two should head to the pier, i will have my guards accompany you on your way there. My wife, and i would've sent you ourselves, but we cannot leave the house unattended." General Seo explained, "I hope the two of you understand."

"There is no need for you to send your guards with us, we will be fine, father." Yul assured him, "And as for you, and mother. Please take a rest, tomorrow will be another busy day, the two of you deserves all the sleep you can get."

"There is no need to worry about us, Yul." General Seo pat his shoulder, "We have been doing this for decades, we will be fine. You on the other hand, if you feel sick again, don't hesitate to ask Master Heo for help."