nine

THE NEXT MORNING AFTER THAT, the few mages of Jeongjingak was gathered at the center to congratulate their previous leader, Park Jin. The news of his engagement have already spread around Songrim and people are starting to come to congratulate him in person.

Though the reason why he was at Jeongjingak in the first place was to know the reason why his nephew, and his guards visited him last night.

"The reason we visited you last night was to urgently show these to you." Sang Ho informed him before his gaze softened, a small smile curling on his lips as he look at his mentor in delight, "Again, congratulations on your engagement."

"Congratulations." The few people gathered behind them said.

"Thank you, everyone." Park Jin smiled.

Dang-gu grinned, "I will be welcoming an aunt at last." He said, "Will i also be getting a niece or a nephew?"

Park Jin squeezed his eyes shut in disbelief before urging his newphew to come closer, and when he did, he poked his cheeks with his finger, "Know when to stop." He told him, earning an amused smile from Sang Ho.

Dang-gu pouted, "Why is he giving up so quickly." He mutters under his breath before looking away.

And it was then when Hyejin arrived, her arrival earning everyone's attention. "Oh, Lord Jin?" She called before running towards him.

Park Jin's face brightened once he laid his eyes on the girl, "Hyejin-ah.." He greeted her with a smile.

The youngest Jang grinned before bowing to him in respect, "You're finally engaged, i never thought this day would come! I thought none of you will make a move, i was almost tempted to set you up so you could propose." She stated, earning a chuckle from him.

"I will take that as a way of you congratulating us." Park Jin replied.

"Please do." Hyejin grinned before her eyes landed on the relics placed on the table in front of them. She chuckled before turning her gaze back to him, "I see they told you about the numbers of these kind of relics that we found yesterday."

And just like that, Park Jin's face hardened at the subject. "I didn't expect that it would be this many." He stated before glancing at Sang Ho, "You found several of these in dried-up wells around Daeho Fortress?"

"Yes, these boatmen here also found some in the canal." Sang Ho told him.

"Someone is trying to deliberately dry up all the water." Park Jin pointed out.

Hyejin scoffed, "Not someone, Jin Mu probably." She mutters under her breath which doesn't go unheard by Park Jin.

"I will find out where they are created." Sang Ho suggested.

"They contain the energy of a volcano, so that is probably where they are made." Park Jin sighed before looking at his nephew, "Thoroughly examine all the items that come in from the Southern volcano."

"Yes, my lord." Dang-gu obeyed.

Park Jin breathes before turning his gaze towards Hyejin, "You should go with Dang-gu, Hyejin. He could use some help." He suggested.

"I can't right now, Lord Jin. I have to go home and see Maidservant Kim, i haven't got the chance to congratulate her in person last night." Hyejin reasoned before glancing at her friend, "Im sure Dang-gu could handle this one by himself. Perhaps i could join him on the next mission."

"I see. In that case, you may now go, Hyejin." He said with a small smile curled on his lips.

The girl smiled in return before bowing her head in respect. Once she got up, she sent Dang-gu a quick wave before walking away, but not before sending a quick glance at Sang Ho as she did.