six

WHEN HYEJIN OPENED HER EYES, she was immediately met by an unfamiliar ceiling. She was confused at first as she knew that the ceiling doesn't belong to her room in Jeongjingak, and to her room in the Jang house old.

She groaned before scanning the room, and when her eyes landed on an empty space near the door, it was only then when she realized that she spent the night at an inn with Sang Ho.

Which brings her to the question where he is, she scanned the whole room again and the only trace that he was there was the neatly folded blanket placed on the left corner of the room. She scoffed before throwing the blanket off her, "He's probably with that girl.." She clenched her fist as she tried to remember her name, "Who the fuck is she again?"

She scoffed before shaking her head, "Why do i even bother? Who is she to me?"

It made her wonder how did Sang Ho met her. Of course, it was obvious that they met while she was gone, but Sang Ho seems to be close with her as he was fine by Hae-ri calling her by his first name. How close are they? She wondered.

She rolled her eyes, just by thinking of their relationship makes her head hurt. She stood up and was about to check outside the window when she heard the sound of the door opening, she immediately snapped her head back and a relieved sigh left her lips once she saw Sang Ho. 

Hyejin raised her brows once she lowered her eyes down to the tray he was carrying, "What's that?" She asked.

"Breakfast." The mage replied timidly before walking past her, he placed the tray down on the table before sitting on the floor. "We should eat, young lady, we still have a few gambling houses to visit today."

"Few?" Hyejin rose her brow up as she walked up to him, "And how many is few, Sang Ho?"

A subtle smirk curved on the corner of his lips, "Atleast ten." He responded, "Fifteen if we're going to count the five in Gaemma village."

Hyejin grimaced at that, fifteen more houses to visit? She groaned in annoyance, "And where in those gambling houses do you think we will find Byeong-gu?" She asked.

"Hopefully the first five houses." Sang Ho replied before placing a bowl full of mushroom soup towards her, he also gave her the meat stews, "It's not much, but i hope it's enough. If you still want some, i can head downstairs and get you another set of meal."

Hyejin was about to respond when she noticed something shiny on his wrist, she looks down and she stiffened once she realized that the shiny thing she saw on his wrist was a pendant of a bracelet. A small sun pendant to be precise. Seeing the pendant brought her back to the night when she gave that to him.

She didn't know what to feel, should she be happy that after all these years he was still wearing the bracelet? Or should she be mad that he has the audacity to still wear it after what he did to her three years ago. Which is why she chose the latter, she tried to remain calm even though she was seething inside.

But pretending to be calm doesn't mean she would stay quiet too, she was just keeping her emotions in check, "You're still wearing it." She pointed out, her voice held no emotion in them but the way she was holding the chopstick was enough for Sang Ho to know that she was mad.

"Ne?

Hyejin looks up from her food to him, "The bracelet." She responded without any hesitation.

Sang Ho raised his brows before he lowered his gaze on his wrist, he sighed once he realized that it was showing. He immediately placed his hand down and hid the bracelet from her, "It would be a waste to keep something beautiful." He reasoned before glancing on her hands, he gulped once he saw that she wasn't wearing any bracelet at all. "You.. You kept yours?"