twenty one

A SMILE CAN BE SEEN ON HYEJIN'S FACE once she stepped out of her chambers, she have seen a few mages lining up, and she knew that they were on their way to the center to train.

She walked her way towards the library with a huge grin on her lips, she went straight to the shelf to find a book to read. She was about to take one out when she noticed how Dang-gu peeked out of the shelf behind her, she shakes her head in amusement before taking the book out and opening it to see it's contents.

"What do you want, Dang-gu?" Hyejin asked.

The blond narrowed his eyes before stepping out of his hiding spot and moving beside her, "Ya, you seem happy today." He pointed out.

Hyejin scoffed before looking at him, "Im always happy." She responded.

Dang-gu shook his head in disapproval, "Not this happy." He stated, "You're different today, did something happen?"

"What are you talking about, Dang-gu?" Hyejin chuckled.

The blond narrowed his eyes at her, "Did you finally confess your undying love to Sang Ho?" He asked, causing Hyejin's eyes to widen.

She immediately look around to see if someone was near them, and she sighed in relief once she saw that the mages that were inside the library were too focused on their own worlds to care about them, "Are you crazy?" She glared at him, "You can't just say that out loud! What if someone hears you."

Dang-gu chuckled, "Relax, why are you still worried? Its not like it's a secret." He nudged her arm. "But seriously, you're glowing today, Hyejin."

The girl rolled her eyes, "So what? Are you saying that today is the only day that i look beautiful?" She sassed.

"Eh? When did i say that?" Dang-gu muttered.

"That's what it sounded to me." Hyejin scoffed, "Look, im just happy for Uk, that's all. I mean, now that he's done with his basic training, he can finally master spells, well not like he can't do one, but this time, he can learn anything he wants to learn."

She looks back and around the room, looking for him. "Speaking of Uk, where is he?" She asked as she scanned the whole room, "I don't see him anywhere."

Dang-gu winced at that, "About that.. He said he doesn't want to train, he told me that he didn't get any wink of sleep last night so that's what he plan on doing today." He told her.

"What?" Hyejin widened her eyes in shock, "That lazy ass.. And what did your uncle say about this?"

Dang-gu shrugged, "He doesn't know yet, i think." He replied.

"Ah, that lazy asshole." She shakes her head in disbelief, "He went through a hard time just to enter Songrim, and this is the first thing he will do after finishing his basic education? Unbelievable."

"I know right." Dang-gu agreed, "But you can't blame him, you know how lazy he is."

"Gosh, what's wrong with him?" She mutters under her breath, "Should i talk some sense to him?"

"Aish, i bet Mudeok is already doing that. You should've seen the look on her face once i told her that Uk wants to stay in bed today, she's really mad." He told her.

Hyejin sighed at that, of course she will be mad.  "Well, as much how i want to see my brother get scolded by her, i have to study. So let's just hope that she succeeds on talking some sense into him." She muttered before turning her focus back on the book.

The blond was curious on what she was reading and decided to take a peek, his brows furrowed once he read it. "Ryusu: The ability to gather energy." He reads, "Why are you reading that? You already mastered Ryusu?"