eight

THE NEXT MORNING ARRIVED AND Hyejin was still avoiding Uk. She spent the night in her room at Jeongjingak and she was glad that he spent the night at home. She can't talk to him, not now when she knows what his reaction would be.

As she was walking through the halls of Jeongjingak, she decided to head to Dang-gu's office to see if Yul was there as well, and also to congratulate him for fixing his relationship with Choyeon.

She never really had the chance to talk to him after she went back from taking a walk around the village with Yul as one of the guards told her that he was out with Lord Park. And she was hoping that Dang-gu isn't out again this morning, she had grown bored at the lact of people in Jeongjingak, she needed someone to talk to.

She would go home, but she knew that Uk was there and probably waiting for her, and she doesn't want to risk being caught by him when she spent the whole day hiding.

Hyejin arrived in front of Dang-gu's office, she didn't bother knocking as she assumed that it was either he's alone or he's out. She slid the door open before peeking her head inside, her eyes widened once she saw the four people gathered there.

Master Heo, Dang-gu, Park Jin, and even Sang Ho was gathered on the table while looking at her in question. "Hyejin?" Dang-gu called, "What are you doing here?"

The girl forced out a smile before waving at them, "Im interrupting something, aren't i?" She asked and the look on their face was enough answer for her. "I see. In that case, i'll take my leave now. You can continue where you left off."

"No." Master Heo stated, making her halt, "You're already here, so why don't you join us?"

Hyejin looks like as if she was hesitating for a moment but when she met Park Jin's eyes and the older man nodded his head at her, she sighed before walking inside. She closed the door and was about to sit next to Dang-gu when Master Heo spoke, "Hyejin, sit beside me. It's been three years since i last saw you, i can't believe that you didn't even visit when when you came back!"

Hyejin grimaced, she scratches the back of her head before sitting beside him. "I was busy, Master Heo." She reasoned.

"You visited Jin on your first day!" He countered, "Yul visited me the next day, i was waiting for you!"

Hyejin sighed before looking in front, Sang Ho was sitting across her and she didn't missed the way his lips curled into a small smile. She rose her brow up, does he enjoy hearing Master Heo scold me? She scoffed before rolling her eyes at him, which seemed to surprise Sang Ho.

"Don't be too hard on her Master Heo." Dang-gu said, "In her defense, i sent her on a mission with Sang Ho."

Master Heo scoffed like a child, "I know that, but still--."

And before the leader of Sejukwon throws another tantrum, Park Jin intervened. "Why don't we get back on the matter on our hand?" He suggested.

Hyejin glanced at him, she was about to say something when she noticed a bird like figure on top of the table. It was glowing, and she was sure that it was a relic, though it's her first time seeing something that looks like it. "What is that?" She asked.

Park Jin cleared his throat, "As i was saying, Master Lee found several of these at the bottoms of dried-up wells." He informed them, and Hyejin's ears perked up at the mention of Master Lee's name.

"Master Lee is here?" Hyejin asked, and Master Park nodded his head as a response.

"This is henous sorcery." Master Heo stated, "Someone purposely dried up the wells out of resentment. The shamans at Gaema village create and sell such things."