five

A HEAVY SIGH LEFT HYEJIN'S LIPS as she let herself sink on the porch of the eight gamble houses they have visited. A few more hours and it was almost dusk, she was already starting to get tired. Out of all the gambling houses they went to, they were always greeted by disappointment.

It's either they have no idea who Byeong-gu is, or they aren't answering their questions at all. And it was starting to annoy Hyejin as well, "Are you tired?" Sang Ho asked as he towered over her body.

Hyejin rolled her eyes before looking up, "What does it look like?" She responded.

A soft sigh left Sang Ho's lips before looking around, "Chwiseonru is near, do you want me to take you there?" He offered.

And spark rumors that we're back together? No way, if only she had the courage to say those words out loud, then she would. She knew that Sang Ho was already starting to get tired of dealing with her as she was giving him a hard time ever since they left Songrim.

She was purposely slowing him down by urging her horse to move slowly, and she was amused by the patience Sang Ho had for her. He patiently moved by her pace and followed her without any questions.

"No." Hyejin replied timidly, "Do you think im weak? Im sitting here not because im physically tired, im here because im getting tired of the disappointments we received and will receive the moment we leave this house."

The mage nodded his head in understanding, "If that is the case, then you should've just stayed in Songrim, my lady." He said, his tone was careful, as if he didn't want to upset her. "It's not easy to find someone who's hiding, which is why we're checking every gamble house in the capital. If you're tired of the disappointments, then i will take you back to Songrim and finish the task myself."

Hyejin narrowed her eyes, she did not expect those words from him. Is he finally done dealing with me? She scoffed at that thought, "Finally reached the end of your patience?" She mocked, "I must admit, it was longer than i expected."

Sang Ho rose an eyebrow in question, "Im not sure if i know what that means, young lady Jang.." He muttered as he really had no idea what she was talking about.

Hyejin scoffed, "You're trying to get rid of me by saying those words, you're acting like you're being careful because you don't want to upset me." She pointed out, "Don't think i have no idea what you're doing."

"I.. Really don't." He muttered, the only reason he offered to take her back to Songrim is because he doesn't want her to feel disappointed again. He knew that the next gambling house they will go to will either end up being a failure or success, and if it was failure, he knew that would just annoy her again.

Which is why he offered to take her back, he had no idea that his words would be misinterpreted. "Young lady Jang, i only offered to take you back so that you won't experience disappointment again." He explained.

Hyejin looks taken aback by his response. Is he concerned about me? But who cares if he is? She refused to lower her pride, "And why do you care if i experience disappointment again? That's part of the job." She said.

"Because it will upset you." Sang Ho replied without any hesitation, which almost made her melt but the next words he said just fueled her annoyance, "And being upset when in the field is not the best thing to do, it can hinder your judgement."

Hyejin's lips curled into a thin line, it took everything for her to refrain herself from shouting at him. "So you don't care whether i feel upset or not, you only care about finishing this task." She nodded her head in understanding, "I see, then i apologize for being an obstacle to that."

She stood up and dusted herself, she rolled her eyes at him before moving towards her horse. "What an annoying asshole." She mutters under her breath before petting the horse, "You must be tired too.."