eighteen

A SMILE CAN BE SEEN ON HYEJIN'S face as she walked out of her bedroom, she approached his twin, who was just about to leave his bedroom. A smirk curved on the corner of her lips once she saw that he was already wearing his uniform.

"Why don't you look at that.." She spoke, earning their attention. "The jeongjingak uniform looks good on Yul, and Dang-gu. But why does it look pathetic on you?"

Uk widened his eyes in shock, while Mudeok grinned. "Pathetic?" He scoffed, he was about to continue his sentence when Mudeok spoke.

"I was just telling him that, Young Lady Jang." She said.

Hyejin chuckled before nudging Mudeok's arm, "See? Even your maid agrees with me." She stated.

Jang Uk sent Mudeok a betrayed look, "I am your Young Master, Mudeok. Why are you backing Hyejin up?" He pouted.

"That's because she's my Young Lady too." Mudeok responded, earning a teasing smile from his twin.

Jang Uk scoffed, "After everything we've been through?" He shakes his head in disbelief before walking away.

Hyejin arched up her brow in amusement before glancing at Mudeok, "Look at him, he's already twenty years old and he still acts like a kid." She said, "We just made him cry."

Mudeok nodded her head in agreement, she was about to say something when she suddenly remembered the pill Master Heo gave her. "Ah, right.. Master Heo gave me a raisin tree pill earlier, he told me to give it to you, and Young Master Jang." She said before she took out the pill on her pocket and gave it to Hyejin, "You should take it, i need to give Uk one as well."

Hyejin nodded her head before she she unwrapped the pill, she swallowed it whole before walking out of Uk's bedroom. Her brows raised once she saw Uk gave the other half of the pill to Mudeok while Maidservant Kim has her mouth open, expecting that he will give it to her.

She grinned before approaching them, "Uk, i think you just hurt Maidservant Kim's feelings." She said, earning a look of confusion from him.

Uk furrowed his brows before glancing at the older woman, his eyes widened once he saw that she had just closed her mouth and was looking at him with disbelief, "Here you go, Kim Doju." He was about to feed her the pill when Kim Doju turned around before walking away. "Kim Doju!" Uk said as he ran after her.

"I was going to give this to you, i swear." Uk tried to explain but Maidservant Kim brushed her off with a wave of her hand.

Hyejin raised her hand up to her forehead before smiling in amusement, "Ah.. Home sweet home." She muttered before following them.

---

Hyejin arrived at Chwiseonru, and just as expected, the pub was crowded with the mages of Songrim. She knew that they wouldn't pass the chance of having free drinks, and food at the pub which is why they were all present.

A grin left her lips as she walked past them and inside the pub where the party was being held, "Hyejin!" Dang-gu raised his hand so that she could see him.

The girl looks at his direction before approaching him, she sat on the chair between him, and Yul. "You're finally here." Yul said with a smile on his face.

"Sorry i was late, i was waiting for Uk. You know how slow he moves." She told them.

The two nodded their head in understanding, "Would you like some?" Dang-gu asked while holding a bottle of alcohol.