thirty one

AFTER FINDING OUT THAT THERE WAS a barrier surrounding Jeongjingak, the mages that were trapped inside have decided to take shelter in the building. They found themselves gathered at the library. So-i was sat on an empty chair while Yun-ok was trying to see if she's injured or not.

Hyejin observed her every move and all she can say is that if she doesn't know that she was So-i, she would be convinced that Lady Jin have already found her long lost daughter. So-i was an expert in making everyone believe that she is really blind, which is why even the crown prince was fooled by her.

"Do you have anything to do with the barrier around Jeongjingak?" The crown prince asked her, "What happened back at the Training Center?"

So-i takes a deep breath, "You see.." She paused for a moment as if she was thinking of how to answer him.

"Answer me." The crown prince demanded.

"I.. Do not know." So-i responded softly, "I am blind, so i could not see what happened. I fainted when the wind struck and just woke up."

"You do not know how you came here?" The crown prince narrowed his eyes at her.

Tears started welling on So-i's eyes, "I do not even know where i am." She cried, "So how am i to know how i came here?" She acted as if she was on the verge of passing out, which earned a scoff from Hyejin.

"She does not look too well." Mudeok took a step forward, earning everyone's attention. "The color has drained from her face and she is sweating. What do you think?"

Yun-ok nodded her head in agreement before glancing at the crown prince, "I think you should let her rest first, Your Royal Highness." She suggested.

The crown prince sighed before nodding his head in approval, "Let her rest." He ordered, and Yun-ok immediately guided her towards one of the rooms in Jeongjingak.

As long as it's not mine, then it's fine. Hyejin thought to herself before glancing at her twin, she snickered once she noticed the look of disbelief written all over his face. It was obvious that Uk was feeling the same thing as her, they were both starting to get annoyed at the swindler.

"She must be lying." Yul muttered.

"Of course she is." Hyejin scoffed, "If i didn't know anything, i would've believed her."

Yul sighed, "What do you think she is hiding?" He asked the twins.

"Mudeok would know." Uk responded before looking at her, "Mudeok, you were with her, right?"

"How did you end up here?" The crown prince questioned.

"I was here all along." Mudeok replied, earning a look of confusion from everyone.

"You were here?" Uk asked, "Were you not pouring tea at the training center?"

Mudeok pouted, "I was, but then i followed you here immediately." She reasoned, "I do not know what happened back there."

"What is the point in asking a maid who knows nothing but to follow her master like a puppy?" Cha Beom scoffed, earning a glare from Uk.

"Don't worry, Your Royal Highness." Gu Hyo smiled, "The best mages have gathered for the unanimous assembly. The barrier will be broken in no time."

Han Yeol turns to Mudeok, "Bring some tea for the crown prince." He ordered.

"Yes, of course." Mudeok forced out a smile and bowed to the crown prince in respect before heading towards the kitchen to make tea.

Cha Beom and the others have left as well with the crown prince, Hyejin narrowed her eyes at his group before shaking her head in annoyance, "What an asshole, he always thinks he's better than anyone." She said, referring to Cha Beom.