thirteen

JANG HYEJIN TWISTED THE RING ON her finger as she kept her eyes glued on the floor. She can't seem to meet Master Park's gaze as he was eyeing her with a mix of anger, and disbelief. She had been sitting at the same spot for almost half an hour now while listening to his lecture.

The thoughts that kept her up last night was right, Sang Ho did tell him that she sneaked out of the center, but she still can't find herself to be upset at him. "What are you going to do now, Hyejin?" The leader questioned, making her snap her head up toward him. "I told you that you are forbidden to leave the center, and you still did."

Jang Hyejin gulped, "Im sorry, Master Park." She muttered lowly, "It won't happen again."

"It really won't." Master Park stated, "From now on, i forbid you to have any contact from outside. No one is allowed to see, nor talk to you until you finish your training. You will be supervised by Sang Ho 24/7, you are not allowed to be left alone anymore, Jang Hyejin. You already lost that privilege the moment you decided to disobey the rules."

Hyejin sighed before nodding her head as her face held defeat, "I understand, My Lord." She replied, "Thank you for still allowing me to stay."

Park Jin shakes his head, "This will be your first, and last chance, Hyejin. If you do this again, i will make sure that you can never enter Songrim as a mage again." He warned her, "You're dismissed."

Hyejin stood up and bowed her head in respect before walking out of his office. When she stepped out of that room, she was met by Sang Ho who was waiting for her. His face remained blank as he look at her, "Let's go." He muttered and began walking without waiting for her reply.

Hyejin sighed before following him. Her punishment could've gone worse if Sang Ho told Park Jin the whole truth. Apparently, Sang Ho left out the detail where she sneaked out of Songrim to see Uk. He changed that story a little and replaced it with her sneaking out of Songrim to take a walk around the town as she was feeling a bit suffocated in the classroom.

And she still haven't thank him for that. When she heard the sound of someone knocking at her door earlier, she knew that she was either screwed or that was just another servant telling her to wake up. And when she opened the door and saw Sang Ho, she knew that it was the first choice. She was screwed up, imagine how it was nerve racking for her when Sang Ho told her that Park Jin wants to talk to her.

Normally, that kind of thing doesn't scare her. But she knew that she did something bad and the possibility of her being punished was high, and it troubled her. Thankfully, the only punishment she received was bearable. If the situation wasn't this bad, she would be jumping from happiness knowing that she will be stuck in the same room with Sang Ho for a whole day.

Their walk toward the training center was filled with silence, Hyejin knew that he was still mad for what she did yesterday. And she would lie if she said that his words didn't hurt her a bit. It did bother her, it was one of the few reasons that kept her up last night. His words still echoed in her head, and it made her feel guilty. But she won't apologize again. To her, one apology is enough, and if he doesn't accept it, then she will just find a way to make it up to him. She just have no idea how.

The two of them reached the center in no time, they were greeted by a few servants on their way up the stairs and Hyejin managed to spot Hyesun among them. She gave her a small smile as acknowledgement before she continued following Sang Ho upstairs. They turn into a corner where another set of stairs met them. They walked forward and reached the top in no time.

Sang Ho was about to proceed in the hallway when Hyejin broke the silence between them, "Thank you." His brows furrowed though his eyes stayed glued in front, "For what?" He questioned.