Chapter Three.

Isaac's POV

"I leave you alone for fifteen minutes and you're already spilling the beans to my mom, babe?" I smile, a hint of laughter at the back of my throat.

"I'm sorry, it just came out." I can instantly picture her pouty face through the phone.

I should've known better than to just drop her off without greeting my own mother and telling her myself. Hailey's been feeling really guilty that we left without saying anything especially to my mom since I knew she had her suspicions, she's been more of a mother figure to her than anyone else can ever realize and I loved seeing the two most important women in my life being together and just bonding with each other.

My mom actually took it pretty hard when we almost lost Hailey last year, it's mainly where their bond grew, through her recovery because Hailey spent every waking moment with my mom when I was out working or her dad wasn't around visiting.

"What am I gonna do with you woman?"

"Deal with it," she sasses playfully, "you put a ring on it so now you're stuck with me."

I chuckle softly as I come up to a red light, "you say that like it's a bad thing, princess."

She giggles and there's a sudden ruffling, tapping sound.

"What are you doing?" I wonder out loud.

"Texting Angela," she responds. "She said she's done with the onsies and asked if I wanna go pick them up and hang out since Dion's not home."

"Wait until I get back, we'll go together, I'll drop you off."

I picture the eye roll almost immediately, "I can drive babe she's five minutes away, I'm going to be bored here with nothing to do. You don't let me unpack, you don't let me drive."

"There's plenty you can do, woman, you can nap, watch a movie, take a bath, I'll send you a driver if you don't want to wait for me."

"Isaac-"

"You signed up for this, Katherine," I smile as I turn into the parking lot, parking in my usual spot. "Matteo women don't drive themselves anywhere."

She snorts softly into the phone, "I don't need to be pampered like your dad pampers your mom baby. I'm perfectly capable of driving myself, all I need is your-"

"Dick?" I smirk.

"Antonio!" She giggles. "What if I had you on speaker and your mother was around?"

"Cats out of the bag princess, you didn't get pregnant by us holding hands."

She continues to laugh softly, "you're so dumb," I hear the instant tiredness in her voice, "excuse me," she yawns.

"Take a nap baby, we'll go pick the stuff up tonight when I get home."

"If your driver isn't here in twenty minutes I'm leaving."

"You wouldn't fucking dare," I threaten.

"Try me, Matteo," she continues to banter.

My smile immediately grows as I get the urge to call her by her maiden name and quickly remind myself that she no longer shares her dad's last name, she is no longer Summers.

"Keep testing me, Hail, and you're gonna see just how much of a Matteo I am," I grin.

She giggles softly, "fifteen minutes the second we hang up, Matteo. Are you going to try and talk to him if he's there?"